Garmin Dezl 780

Has anyone mounted a Garmin Dezl 780 on their bike? If so, how? Were you able to "weatherize" it?

I know that the Dezl 770 had a RAM mopunt case, and could be "weatherized" with a plastic cover and some silicone. I was just wondering if this was possible with the 780.

Jim

Kim Leeson

IBAUK Shopkeeper
Premier Member
IBA Member
I have the Dezl 770 weatherproofed with RAM case, I don't see why the 780 couldn't be done the same way, it looks identical in size, I could be wrong

Kim Leeson

IBAUK Shopkeeper
Premier Member
IBA Member
Aha, okay, well it involves what we call RTV sealant (Room Temperature Vulcanising) silicone, you probably call it the same, some Gorilla Tape, and an iPad or equivalent screen protector...mine is matte.

Note: However this week I'm actually deleting the screen pad and applying a small bead of rtv around the screen and case. I find the screen protector statically sticks to the Dezl screen in the middle (it bothers me)

The tape is for the holes on the back, i.e. Speaker, Power Button and the data ports on the bottom, I just double fold a section so I can easily peel it back when I want to access the ports.

RTV is used around the seal of the two halves and between the screen protector and front caselid.

Optional: I also put some Sugru around the access to the power cable, Dezl snaps into back half so never needs to come out.

This might sound like a bit of a fuss, but when that Dezl is fired up, it's worth it! The big screen with detail makes my 595 and NavVI seem like a postage stamp.

Hope this helps, I'll take some pics when I put mine back together.

One other thing I've recently become a fan of is Liquid Nano, which I've put on all my phones, tablet and satnav's, no more screen protectors.

Last edited: