Garmin motorcycle gps to help document ss1600k

EddyC

IBA Member
Well, I don't know if it would help, but you could display the coordinates of your present location and take a picture of the bike's odometer and the gps display, being in the picture at the same time.
In your phone or camera settings, you could also show the current date and time in the picture, so that there is "proof" of location, date, time and milage (kilometers).
Mind you, I'm only guessing of course, but I don't see if there would be anything against that procedure.
Best of luck and stay safe.
Ed.

I put my Garmin Zumo's road on Basecamp, put Basecamp full page and took a picture I have sent to the application email. Don't know if it will work, but that was the best I could do. Basecamp is from Garmin and permits me to make roads I can send to my Zumo 590 or any other Garmin GPS reading gpx files.

EricV

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
@Grizz - I'm not quite sure what you're after mate. The IBA will look at your Dated Business Receipts and plot your route from that information. Your odometer, and if provided, GPS info, is not used to qualify your mileage. Computer mapping programs are used to see what your ride tallies based upon the DBR info you provide.

If you are concerned with locations where no receipt can be acquired, then adding pictures of the GPS Lat/Lon location with your bike's odo may help. As Ira wrote, you can't provide too much documentation. It's better to plan your ride with receipt locations in mind rather than a turn around or corner with nothing there. Especially if a shorter route is possible between the receipt locations before and after that location.

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
To sum up with the basic rule: It is up to the rider to demonstrate they rode the ride they claim by submitting sufficient documentation to do so.

Ira

That is true, but on my first ride ''SS1600km'' I forgot the McDonald receipt and that was the halfway of my ride. Friday, I'm doing my 2000km ride and will keep all my receipts. My worst part is witnesses, what do we need from them ?

@Grizz - I'm not quite sure what you're after mate. The IBA will look at your Dated Business Receipts and plot your route from that information. Your odometer, and if provided, GPS info, is not used to qualify your mileage. Computer mapping programs are used to see what your ride tallies based upon the DBR info you provide.

If you are concerned with locations where no receipt can be acquired, then adding pictures of the GPS Lat/Lon location with your bike's odo may help. As Ira wrote, you can't provide too much documentation. It's better to plan your ride with receipt locations in mind rather than a turn around or corner with nothing there. Especially if a shorter route is possible between the receipt locations before and after that location.
Cheers bloke

JAVGuzzi

Premier Member
That is true, but on my first ride ''SS1600km'' I forgot the McDonald receipt and that was the halfway of my ride. Friday, I'm doing my 2000km ride and will keep all my receipts. My worst part is witnesses, what do we need from them ?
No need for witnessses if you are a Premier member, BTW and use electronic submission.

I was lucky to have such a comprehensive team. I was so unlucky on my first 2 rides, but I must have had enough proofs taken or maybe my Basecamp print out had some weight in the decisions. When I lost my camera (I know, everyone uses their phone). It remains that now, I have SpotWalla and that is just out of sight and my third trip, I had my receipts, my pictures and my SpotWalla track results. My usual ride starts in Sherbrooke Quebec, Drumondville Qc,, turn right at Rivière du Loup and down Transcannadienne 2 past Edmunston Nb, Woodstock Nb, Fredericton Nb, reach the Nova Scotia border and back. It is a 2055km (Sept 02) and my first was 1639km (Aug 10) and my last 2069km (Sept 16).