Germany Extreme 3000 (GE 3000K)

Gerhard

Ride.Eat.Sleep.Again!
Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Es gibt einen neuen Ride:

Die vier äussersten 4 Ecken plus alle 16 Bundesländer Deutschlands in unter 36 Stunden.. wobei Start- und Ende-Tankstelle identisch sein müssen.

Dieser neue Ride ist ein offizieller IBA-Ride und er gilt als Extreme Ride.

Die Regeln findet ihr auf unserer Webseite unter Downloads.

Ich sehe das (als 16/24-Finisher) auch als durchaus machbar an.
Und bei 36 Stunden Zeit kann man da auch mal mehr interessantere km abseits der Autobahn fahren.
:)

Hampe

Not Right Rider
Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
First of all - sorry for writing in English here at the German forum.

Pro secundo - sorry for writing in another forum in a delicate matter.
I have done it before, and the only thing I can promise you all is that I will do it again. That's just who I am.

...aaand as the third but probably most important thing: this might look as an attack at one specific person, but it is not.
These are thoughts in general about the things what we do, and I wish not to have one specific enemy afterwards. Many different - that's okay, that's what you get when you stick your head out, but noone special, okay? Johannes, please let me buy you a beer when we meet...

Leute, there is a million of people out there that is convinced that what we do just can't be legal.

We don't need to encorage them. Not two hours after a ride has been announced.

I know Gerhard. He is THE European rider that has done the most big rallies of us all. He has time and time over solved the time/distance equation of Oh! so many rides and rallies and he is bloody well Zuständig for the German part of our world. That has to count for something.

So - everyone: if a ride is officially announced in our community and your first thought happen to be: "that can't be legal" then please sit back and re-think before posting.

"What am I missing here?" What is the key to solve this puzzle"?

Benny, a Swedish rider went down to Germany only to ride one of the very first approved DE 4C and even we in Sweden has played with the thought to combine these two specific rides in to one just for fun, or possibly expand DE 4C to a "personal gold ride" by closing the loop and return to the start within the 24 hour window.
Key word here:"played with" and "for fun", okay...?

Knowing Gerhard, I can easily see how much concideration and planning that has gone in to this. By himself, and probably by someone else too, close to him, also. The ride it self has probably been done already, to be confirmed doable under real life circumstances.

So, have a little faith in your Captain, people. Nothing happens by chance here at IBA. If someone posts "legal?" a mere 2 hours after annoncement, I'd say he has not yet found the right combination to solve the mystery.

No, not kissing up to Gerhard.
Feel free to critize him if he steals from the accounts of the Verein, gets sloppy, inactive or paints his bike pink, but rest assured that he knows what he does when a new ride is announced.

Yes, this text has been sitting over night before actually being posted.
That's how dumb I am...

Hampe

Last edited:

Johannes Faget

Hey ho,

Hampe, please don't feel offended just because I used the word 'legal'. I know Gerhard and I know he wouldn't pronounce a ride if it is not feasible. And I'm sure he recognized that my post wasn't meant seriously.

And for the million of people: Let them talk. If they want to blame us they will find something anyway.

And finally: You need to do more to make me an enemy. For example not buying me a beer...

Best regards
Hans

Hampe

Not Right Rider
Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
Okay - a tounge in cheek comment then, that flew waay over my head.
Has happened before, will happen again - fer sure.

Thankfully this foot-in-mouth episode costed me not more than a beer this time, and probably served in a country much cheaper than Sweden. ...like anywere in the world.

Thanks for not making an issue of this

...and to the rest of you: nothing to see here, just keep on ridin', thank you. :D

Moin, ich habe mal nee frage geht der Ride auch mit unter 3000K :D:D.Komm bei meiner Planung ohne Umwege nur auf 2950 ohne Umwege komme ich nicht auf die 3000K.
liege allerdings auch genau auf der Route mit meinem Wohnort.
Und noch ein Tipp für alle die den Ride Planen versucht die A7 im Bereich von Hamburg bis Neumünster zu Umgehen hier gibts es eine Größere Baustelle die noch ca 1 Jahr dauert.
Gruß Bert

Gerhard

Ride.Eat.Sleep.Again!
Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Nein, der Ride geht nicht unter 3k..

Die Baustelle ist in der Tat übel (habe es leidvoll beim Verify des Ride erfahren dürfen).. also fahrt besser nicht zu den Hauptverkehrszeiten.

Marrrr

Da kam ich auf dem Hinweg zu meinem 4C durch. Da ging es ja um nichts, aber war so auch schon ausreichend nervenaufreibend^^

Gerhard

Ride.Eat.Sleep.Again!
Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
So, der erste GE3000 ist gefahren.. Hubert aus Maintal hat es gemacht.

Herzlichen Glückwunsch !!

Hampe

Not Right Rider
Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
so i cant translate the page but the gist is 3000km in 24hr Hampe? I know some one else who did that while being told it wasnt possible
Ehh.... Well, I know I should refrain from jumping in to other countries forums and always stick my nose into things.

But, this is the European take on the distance: it allows for 36 hrs to cover the task.

...which also involves documenting stops in all 16 states of Germany and visiting four geographic extremes of the country.

So - impossible, of course!
Isn't that why we are doing it...? :D

Nice ride, Hubert!

Last edited: