Goldwing Tail Dragger Aux Tank - SOLD

Donald A Jones

Premier Member
IBA Member
I have a aluminum aux tank, about 5.6 gallons, photos available. Tank bolts to a platform that mounts in a vertical trailer receiver or platform of your choice. Comes with stuff as removed from my 2003 GL1800A, except the transfer pump was being used on my Burgman and took a dive. Asking $350 plus shipping, cost $650.

Attachments

Last edited:

Donald A Jones

Premier Member
IBA Member
Lets try this again....As posted on Craigslist: Except no fuel pump

If you are the Long Distance or IBR Type you want extra fuel plumbed into the motorcycle. This a 4.8 gallon tail dragger type. Tank is aluminum, base and support is steel. Vertical hitch receiver required. Has a built-in overflow tank about 1-pint connected to the tank vent. The 45-degree filler neck has displacement devices welded on to calibrate the fuel to approximately 4.8 gallons. There is a removable device I had made to bring it down to 4.6-4.7 gallons that I removed, the buyer can reinstall it if you want. Tank is clean, what looks like trash is Honda Bond sealant I got sloppy with, more then needed. Included is the wire harness and fuel lines I made up, pump not included. Additional pictures and installation instruction will be included. Last photo is the tank as originally installed, I reverse the filler neck so I could fuel from the left side of bike. Tank was made by a LD IBR-Veteran, he has had 2-3 in the IBR. I ran this setup in the 2013 IBR.

Price Reduced 19 July, 2019

Base plate slides up the vertical hitch receiver tube.

Modification needed to bike, a 90-degree fitting (not included) must be installed in the main tank sending unit(what controls the fuel gage) plate. Also two holes in the rear fender, one each side of the license plate and about 2" cut off the bottom on the fender. A switch (not included) to control the pump relay. I had a LED light under the glare shield that was on when the relay was energized, in the wiring harness.

Attachments

Donald A Jones

Premier Member
IBA Member
Okay I expect this type of behavior on Facebook Marketplace but not here...After spending 3-hours packing and getting shipping quotes I get nothing from you...You Wanted This Aux Tank, remember... How do I report this to the powers to be.

Found a box…charges I’ve came up with:

UPS Ground $102 with insurance, $94 without

USPS Ground $100 no mention insurance above $100 2-8 days
USPS Priority $120 $100 insurance 1-3 days

With Covid restrictions there are no delivery dates guarantees.

So $350 plus shipping.

Auburn

Premier Member
Not sure what the Facebook comment is about. I have not gotten any emails from you. Been waiting for you to contact me.

Send me your PayPal info Via my email address in post #9 above. I’ll go with UPS ground with insurance. Total is $452 correct?

Auburn

Premier Member
Don, It is not a facebook email. It is a normal email address that you send via outlook or yahoo or gmail or whatever email service you use.

Auburn

Premier Member
Don, It is not a facebook email. It is a normal email address that you send via outlook or yahoo or gmail or whatever email service you use.
Don, email sent to verify your email is correct.

Something is screwy with the personal messages on the forum. Thanks,
Bryan

Donald A Jones

Premier Member
IBA Member
As they say measure twice, then two more times, dry fit the nut and seal that goes inside then drill. This a a 1/4" fitting on the fuel quality plate.

AuxTank12sm.jpg