Greetings from Standish, UK

Hello

I have been riding since 1978, and touring Europe since 2007, apart from an interlude for illness in 2014.

As I approach retirement, I am fettling a Pan ST1100AT, removing the linked brake tomfoolery, replacing the cooling hoses, and generally simplifying the old girl.

The intention was to head to Bilbao on the ferry this Summer, and then around the Med to Croatia.
That will have to wait until next year.

I will be looking with interest for articles about aux tanks and advice on covering long distances on an elderly Pan !

Last edited:

GSears

Dambuster... Bouncing panniers...
Premier Member
IBA Member
Welcome to insanity. There are some UK Ride to Eats (RTEs) going on where you can meet other like minded people and chat about farkling your bike. Unfortunately most of the European RTEs have been cancelled. The one to Cuneo (Northern Italy) is still on at the moment if you need that continental ride fix.

wully

Brit Butt Tour Admin. Retired.
On the 19th of June we are having a RTE at Fremington Quay near Barnstaple Devon come down and see us, welcome to insanity I will be riding ove 700 miles for crab salad.
hope to see you on the 19th.

EricV

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Welcome to the madness. The Honda ST1100 was a very popular long distance bike in it's day. You may find various aux cell information and other farkles with some searches. Here is a write up on a popular Ron Major fuel cell, sadly w/o pictures at this late date. LINK Depending on the age of your bike, updating to the 40 amp alternator might be wise. If it's "newer" it would already have that feature.

More reading - https://www.st-owners.com/forums/threads/auxiliary-fuel-tanks-fuel-cells.172095/

Some pictures HERE of one installed. You might learn more by contacting the owner.