Hardtail Saddle Sore 1000?

Hello all,
I see special SS1000's for doing one on a Roadglide (Shark nose 1000) and such but I don't see one for doing it on a Rigid/Hardtail. Have you ever considered this as a new challenge? I only see a dozen or less that have done it. If I searched it correctly.
Thanks

Flathead

Hello everyone.
Now we are talking. My first SS1000 was on this 1942 WLC wich you can see to the left. It was a very interesting ride, the bike broke down several thimes but i completed it with a marginal of 4 miles and 8 minutes.

Geez!?!? I didn’t even know about that Sharknose Challenge?? I just finished my SS1000 last month. If I had known I would’ve applied for this 1 too....

Do I have to resubmit everything or just contact them and send in the $$$ for the certificate and patch?

JAVGuzzi

Premier Member
I have done three SS1K'ss on a '76 Moto Guzzi Convert. It's not a hard-tail, but the front forks have so much stiction, I never realized what a beating I was taking until I purchased my ST1100. There was stretch of I-69 near Lansing years ago where the road was repaired by removing strips of concrete across the road and the pouring new concrete that absolutely pounded the heck out of me on that old Guzzi.

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
Geez!?!? I didn’t even know about that Sharknose Challenge?? I just finished my SS1000 last month. If I had known I would’ve applied for this 1 too....

Do I have to resubmit everything or just contact them and send in the $$$ for the certificate and patch?
If I understand you correctly, you completed a Saddlesore 1000 on a Sharknose but only applied for the standard SS1K. If so, send a note to the electronic application email address, explain that you want that ride recognized as a Sharknose 1000.

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association