Heated socks, or heated insoles?

Dann

I have heated socks and happy with them.
Never tried heated insoles bur IMHO having heat around your whole feet is better than just underneath

YMMV

I've had both socks and insoles both Gerbing, I didn't like the way the socks felt walking around when off the bike. I know, I'm the odd ball here. Have never had cold feet with either.

Marc11

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Are they the older socks? Older ones the wires were thick and hurt your feet when walking. Newer ones with the micro wires from Warm n Safe feel like normal think socks.

Marc, you are correct, they were older and not the newer microwire. They were uncomfortable and you felt that you had to be careful putting them on or you might twist the wires. I've used the insoles since Gerbing came out with them and been happy. Knowing that the socks now have microwire technology, I might have to give them a try, THX. Dennis

Gerry Arel

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
I just went through this debate a month ago and ended up with wired Insoles. Haven't had the chance to put them to the test quite yet, but I was just looking for something that would take the edge off the cold I feel in my toes and I wouldn't have to give up my comfy riding socks.
I liked the idea of the socks, but didn't want to mess with washing them either. Insoles easy to take in/out and require no care.

Marc11

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
No need to wash the socks, they go over your normal riding socks. I had the old style and hated them, hurt my feet bad when walking.

New ones are great and having heat around the top of your foot is epic.

Gerry Arel

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Good to know ... I'm betting a lot if the info I learned was about the older ones. Might be worth looking into again. Thanks Marc

HACKLE

I always put my Warm and Safe socks on first, then a very thin of socks on over them. Stops the W & S getting damaged on the inside of my Alpine Star boots. Everyone is different, this is just my theory. Cheers.

Lola T

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
I have Thermacell insoles. Rechargeable battery pack and controlled by Bluetooth on my phone. I keep a duplicate battery pack since I often ride long days. I’d never go back to heated socks.
Pros: my feet never feel hot, just never cold. I keep the insole in my boots all the time. No wires anywhere
Cons: had to go up a boot size to fit the slightly thicker insole (but I have a very high instep), have to make sure they’re charged.

Lynda

WY88

Premier Member
I bought the heated socks, First Gear / Warm and Safe brand. Left home at 0210am yesterday, rode in 31 degree weather for a long time. Usually my toes would be cold, but not yesterday. Didn't get "hot" but for sure was not even close to being cold or remotely uncomfortable.

Grey Gentry

Premier Member
I use heated inner soles. I have diabetes, which compromises the blood flow to the feet. The soles help by keeping my feet warm, overcoming that problem. My inner soles plug into my heated liners. I also use a heated jacket. All from HERE.