Help me Farkle my GSA

BigLew55

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
I'm making a little progress. I got the exhaust extensions and pax-peg mount from Marc. I have mounted my Yeti holder for my RTIC water jug. It's not great, but it's a start.

I also mounted my dual GPS set-up yesterday. I had a mount machined by a friend and then fabbed a bracket to stack the other one on top of it. I haven't road tested it, but it's pretty robust.

I also have added some bags and wind management items.

I want to thank everyone for their insight and suggestions!

BMW GPS Stack 1 2021 10 10.jpg

Kendoo

Premier Member
I'm making a little progress. I got the exhaust extensions and pax-peg mount from Marc. I have mounted my Yeti holder for my RTIC water jug. It's not great, but it's a start.

I also mounted my dual GPS set-up yesterday. I had a mount machined by a friend and then fabbed a bracket to stack the other one on top of it. I haven't road tested it, but it's pretty robust.

View attachment 7596
You had that 276cx on your Harley too? Cockpit looks good.

Marc11

Premier Member
IBR Finisher

View attachment 7596
Where'd you get those little side wind deflectors?

BigLew55

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Next on my to-do list is a Hex ezCan and a 3.5 aux tank. Does anyone have a recommendation for preferred retailer on the ezCan?

Also, I would be interested in any input for the tank. It looks like Boyd's is still not taking custom orders. I have a few options in mind ,but haven't ordered one yet. I plan to tap using the vent method.

Marc11

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Next on my to-do list is a Hex ezCan and a 3.5 aux tank. Does anyone have a recommendation for preferred retailer on the ezCan?

Also, I would be interested in any input for the tank. It looks like Boyd's is still not taking custom orders. I have a few options in mind ,but haven't ordered one yet. I plan to tap using the vent method.
Ted Porter's Beemer shop or Twisted Throttle.

As for the tank, do you want over the rear rack or rear seat? Either way I'd get a plate from Black Dog Cycle Works, maybe the strongest and most secure plates out there. Then it's a matter of tanks, a BAM Sandstorm spun tank is basically plug and play.

Gerry Arel

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
I've had a really hard time imagining where I'd mount highway pegs on my 1250 - do you have a photo, Jim?
I haven’t installed these yet but found a guy on ADV that makes brackets that mount where the upper and lower crash bars meet. I’ll mount my adventure designs pegs to those brackets.

Attachments

Gerry Arel

Premier Member
IBR Finisher

I don’t know ifyou already got the ezCan yet but I’d compare with Twisteds CanSmart. Not sure what Ted includes with his, but the Twisted (Denali) generally seems more $ but comes with several harnesses

I have the D7s connected to mine, will be connecting my 2nd gps and just ordered the B6 brake light that mounts right under the plate.

BigLew55

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Just scheduled my 30K service and ordered a set of TrailMax Missions...

Aux tank and ezCAN are ordered/enroute. Aux Lights are mounted. Russell Day Long is scheduled for 3/1, so I may not have it for Florida.

Hopefully, everything is ready before the beginning of March...

BigLew55

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
@BigLew55 - Are you going to use the Landing Pad to mount the aux tank to, or??
I'm not sure what that's going to look like yet. I have a SWMotech pillion replacement rack, but if I use it directly, I suspect I will need to add some additional support. Otherwise, I may just fab a plate from scratch. I'll know more when I physically have the tank in my hands.