HID for ST1100?

Slasher

Premier Member
I have! I installed a kit from KB Carstuff however, I went to find the link and they don't seem to carry the one I installed anymore. Any H4 Kit will work. Since you appear to be across the pond, your headlight should already accept H4 bulbs (unlike US versions that will only accept proprietary Honda bulbs without modification). The kit I have has a High and low beam function which changes the way the bulb shines on the reflector creating a high beam effect when you hit the high beam switch. Its really a plug and play operation, much like on a car. The hardest part about doing it on a bike is finding places to stick all the supporting equipment like the ballasts and the starters but they will all fit in the front fairing. I complicated my install by changing the proprietary relays that came with the lights over to readily available bosch relays, in case I had a failure out on the road. I also added a time delay relay which gives me approximately 20 seconds to start the bike from the time I switch it on before the headlights come on. This takes the strain of the headlights off the electrical system during start up without causing the HID's to fire twice as using the stock starter button headlight cutout would do. All this info and a lot more can be found on the ST-owners forum.