Honda CB550F Super Sport certified rides

Hello,

I searched "World's Toughest Ride Finishers" https://www.ironbutt.org/certified.htm using the find option in my browser for Honda CB550F. I used various search terms such as CB 550, 550, and CB550. As of the last update on 10/21/17, I could not find anyone riding this model bike of bike on a certified ride.

I did not do the search prior to my ride. Unless someone can find a record of a previous rider using this bike, I could be the first one to do a certified ride on this bike. I am a little amazed that that would happen for a bike produced from 1974-1978.

-Mark

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
Hello,

I searched "World's Toughest Ride Finishers" https://www.ironbutt.org/certified.htm using the find option in my browser for Honda CB550F. I used various search terms such as CB 550, 550, and CB550. As of the last update on 10/21/17, I could not find anyone riding this model bike of bike on a certified ride.

I did not do the search prior to my ride. Unless someone can find a record of a previous rider using this bike, I could be the first one to do a certified ride on this bike. I am a little amazed that that would happen for a bike produced from 1974-1978.

-Mark
I don't think it's that surprising. It was only produced for four or five years at a time when the Iron Butt Association didn't exist. I don't know how many were produced, but I would guess that that many. It was based in the CB500, and there are quite a number of those listed on the finishers list.

That said, good on you!

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association

I don't think it's that surprising. It was only produced for four or five years at a time when the Iron Butt Association didn't exist. I don't know how many were produced, but I would guess that that many. It was based in the CB500, and there are quite a number of those listed on the finishers list.

That said, good on you!

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association
Ira,

Thanks for the reply. My guess is that the CB500s listed are the newer DOHC variety.

-Mark