Hotel checkout time stamp

Hi there,

BB1500 candidate here. I managed to not get an atm our fuel time stamp for the start. However I could likely provide a hotel checkout time which coincides with the start. Would that work?

Paul Knight

Premier Member
Sherman50, I think you are making this too hard unless you are trying to shave a few minutes off your start time. Why not just leave the hotel and go get some gas with a receipt?

I can only speak for personal experience. I am a frequent traveler (120+ nights a year in the Marriott chain) as I travel for work and play. I never check out at the front desk as they always just leave the receipt under the door overnight.

I just looked at my latest receipt from finishing my 48/10 and I do see a space for a date AND time for check in and check out on the hotel bill. I did notice that the departure time was blank since it was the receipt that they put under my door overnight.

I would confirm that the hotel can provide a receipt with the departure time. What also might work is arraigning to get a credit card receipt when you leave at the front desk.

Good luck with your ride.

Thanks. I do plan to do this again. Not looking to shave anything, just need an electronic stamp i failed to obtain. We'll see what the hotel offers.

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
Hi there,

BB1500 candidate here. I managed to not get an atm our fuel time stamp for the start. However I could likely provide a hotel checkout time which coincides with the start. Would that work?
Although we much prefer the start and end receipts be from a gas station, we will accept any computer-generated receipt showing date, time, and location. That will be your official start time and location.

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association

Hi Ira, thanks for the response. Super8mm, yeah, I recognize you from I-BMW. So I will be submitting electronically for both rides. Yep, got two: a BB 1500 and a SS 1000.