Hotel Recommendations Between Santa Monica, CA, and Barstow, CA

BMW RT Pilot

Premier Member
I am planning my I-10 E2E and finishing in Santa Monica, CA. The start point for my next ride is in Barstow, CA, and I would like to get some intel about where to stay between these areas. Barstow is the starting point for my I-40 E2E going home so I think I would want to get close to there...unless it's a dive. I'm pushing my start date back a few days because of the events going on.

UPDATE...looks like I'll have to up-armor my RT.

Last edited:

EricV

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Motel 6 just East of Victorville, CA is a quick on/off from I-15 and there is gas there. Two other hotels, but I've stayed at that M6 many times and it's been generally clean and cheap. Bonus, you're out of the messy 10/210/215 area and it's wide open from there to Barstow. Down side, no food here other than the gas station, so stop in Victorville to grab dinner. Might be delivery pizza still.

16868 Stoddard Wells Rd, Victorville, CA 92394

In Barstow, both Super 8 and Days in on Coolwater Lane are ok, not great, just ok. Days in was slightly better in the past. Easy food in walking distance or delivery. Exit 184B E. Main Street, turn Left, then next Left on Roberta St. Again, easy on and off of the 10 and gas/food options.

1590 Coolwater Ln, Barstow, CA 92311

Most of the Hotels off Lenwood road on the south end of Barstow are nice and you won’t have any issues. Also lots of truck stops by them and food so you’ll be set. If I were staying in Barstow I’d personally stay off of Lenwood road. I wouldn’t want to be anywhere near town. Barstow isn’t the greatest city.

Lance

Premier Member
I am planning my I-10 E2E and finishing in Santa Monica, CA. The start point for my next ride is in Barstow, CA, and I would like to get some intel about where to stay between these areas. Barstow is the starting point for my I-40 E2E going home so I think I would want to get close to there...unless it's a dive. I'm pushing my start date back a few days because of the events going on.

UPDATE...looks like I'll have to up-armor my RT.

Lance

Premier Member
I also recommend hotels off Lenwood Road. Good hotel, food and fuel choices. You could easily start your E2E ride from a fuel staton next to I-15 and have a quick start onto I-40.
Ride safe and enjoy!