I-10 Construction

RichmonS

Premier Member
Does anyone have insight into the construction along I-10 and its impact on the speed of the interstate? I am looking to do my BB1500 Gold at the end of the month from Brunswick GA to Lake Charles LA.

I figure that if delays ruin the attempt my backup is a regular 36 hour BB.

Any Coast to Coast runners have any recent insight that they are willing to share?

Scott Parish

Premier Member
I completed a 100CCC approximately a month ago back and forth along I-10. I went through that particular stretch early AM both ways and was not negatively impacted by construction. However, I highly recommend checking individual state transportation departments for road construction schedule along specific interstate corridors. While a BBG does require some disciplined time management - I think if all or most of your route is on the interstate - you shouldn't have much trouble as long as you are mindful of heavy congested hours through urban areas. Good luck. Looking forward to the ride report afterwards.

RichmonS

Premier Member
Thanks for the feedback @Scott Parish. My goal is to use the Interstate for the whole trip. My only 'corner' would be Jacksonville where I change direction from I-95 to I-10. I wanted to keep the route as straight as possible. I learned with my SS1K to reduce the number of corners to reduce the number of short stops during the ride.

My hope is to leave early in the morning (before 5am) which should put me in Lake Charles LA ~ 4pm. I would then come back through Jacksonville roughly 4am. My only concern would be Baton Rouge rush hour coming back but hopefully the stars align and my Garmin can help me with any bypasses.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Lov...494ee65298a0446!2m2!1d-93.012825!2d30.2533091

NMRed

I was on I-10 in El Paso Tx yesterday and it was a nightmare. It took 2 1/2 hours to cross town. If they are still working on the new interchange at Sunland Park I recommend taking the loop around El Paso.

RichmonS

Premier Member
I am only a couple of weeks away from attempting my BBG. This will be my second LD ride and first Gold ride attempt. I originally wanted to do a Coast to Coast but after thinking about it felt like SS1K to Coast to Coast was too big a step.

https://goo.gl/maps/avazpMCk5842

If all goes well I plan on leaving by 4am on 7/30 and being complete on 7/31.