I-5 E2E start and end points

tl;dr - does an I-5 E2E require crossing the border(s)?

I'm planning a NB I-5 E2E trip in May, and I am having a hard time understanding the starting and ending points. For example, according to the coordinates provided on the rides list, the starting point is south of Camino de Laz Plaza, and it appears the only way to get there is after crossing the border from Mexico. Is this accurate? Is there another way to get to the starting point? Or would the onramp from Rail Ct. also qualify?

Similarly, the ending spot appears to be north of the final place to turn out prior to crossing into Canada.

If the answer is I have to cross both borders, then I'm fine with that -- I would just nest a B2B (assuming that's allowed), and adjust my schedule to minimize wait times, especially in Mexico.

FLHXHS

Premier Member
@shroy Good Morning,
When I did my I-5 E2E - I did it N to S, but I easily got to here to finish.

You can I-5 and take this as the last exit. When photos and a manual Spotwalla point have been taken, you should be able to do this.

I took the last exit in Blaine [I suppose the first exit from my ride perspective] and did a photo / Spotwalla in the traffic circle by the Chevron. It was 05:00 so very little traffic...

Have fun and a safe ride.

Last edited:

EricV

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
@shroy100 - Don't over think it. The I-5 E2E clearly states the start and end points as Blaine, WA & San Ysidro, CA. Get receipts at those cities and you'll be fine. Don't fixate on the literal gps coordinates, those are just like the "Landmarks", for visual representation. E2E LINK

@shroy100 - Don't over think it. The I-5 E2E clearly states the start and end points as Blaine, WA & San Ysidro, CA. Get receipts at those cities and you'll be fine. Don't fixate on the literal gps coordinates, those are just like the "Landmarks", for visual representation. E2E LINK
OK, excellent. The fact that the GPS coordinates were different each direction was what was giving me anxiety. This is very helpful, thank you

@shroy Good Morning,
When I did my I-5 E2E - I did it N to S, but I easily got to here to finish.

You can I-5 and take this as the last exit. When photos and a manual Spotwalla point have been taken, you should be able to do this.

Not that it's a race...

Have fun and a safe ride.
Awesome, thank you! I'll be doing it on my sporty, so I'll need to stop a little more often if for no other reason than MPG. I'm hoping to not need to, but I'll be more than happy to stop for a nap in a hotel.

Last edited:

m a u r a

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
In Blaine, the Chevron at the traffic circle is about as close as you can get, it would be my first choice because it is stone's throw from the I-5 on ramp at the traffic circle. It has 24 hour receipts. There are also other places near the traffic circle, but they are daytime hours. I know the Chevron has good receipts, or at least they did before the covid border closing.

Shawn K

Professional Cat Confuser
Premier Member
In Blaine, the Chevron at the traffic circle is about as close as you can get, it would be my first choice because it is stone's throw from the I-5 on ramp at the traffic circle. It has 24 hour receipts. There are also other places near the traffic circle, but they are daytime hours. I know the Chevron has good receipts, or at least they did before the covid border closing.
When I was there last September, there were no issues. Jump off the Interstate, fuel up, get receipt, and jump right back on.