I feel the Need, the Need for - ACT Insanity v2.0!

Taffey

Almost. We set a date to see who would run up the flag! Obviously it could be moved for a VERY good reason, but currenlty that is the plan.
May I humbly suggest the 3rd, a Sunday. More importantly it is the Sunday of a long weekend and could well be the most optimal time the year outside Good Friday.

Daylight saving starts (I know more psychological than actual) but a large portion of Canberra has pissed off down the coast for the first of the warm spring sunshine and the rest are indoors watching the NRL Thugby GF. And look, seriously who with an enquiring mind wants to watch that rubbish anyway; ever since Murdoch stuff it up with Superleague, it’s never recovered and now is just a byline for a bad dad joke where they have long given up on policing forward passing, offside and proper scrum etiquette.

Just a thought...
1625178597604.png

Taffey

Also - on the Cottor Loop thing. You could have it as the Joker loop. i.e. you can only do it once but it has to be done once and nominated at the Hume check in. Timing would be important because the Cotter now empties out at Stromlo, a suburb that was designed by a meth-head town planner while on a particularly gigantic bender. So traffic can be an issue...

Olaf Moon

"And I think to myself...."
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
May I humbly suggest the 3rd, a Sunday. More importantly it is the Sunday of a long weekend and could well be the most optimal time the year outside Good Friday.

Daylight saving starts (I know more psychological than actual) but a large portion of Canberra has pissed off down the coast for the first of the warm spring sunshine and the rest are indoors watching the NRL Thugby GF. And look, seriously who with an enquiring mind wants to watch that rubbish anyway; ever since Murdoch stuff it up with Superleague, it’s never recovered and now is just a byline for a bad dad joke where they have long given up on policing forward passing, offside and proper scrum etiquette.

Just a thought...
View attachment 7167
Taffey, we considered that weekend, but the BIGGEST bike rally in Australia this year, is on that weekend in Tamworth. More than 50 riders from just one of my clubs are attending. So sorry no.

jeffrey gebler

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Also - on the Cottor Loop thing. You could have it as the Joker loop. i.e. you can only do it once but it has to be done once and nominated at the Hume check in. Timing would be important because the Cotter now empties out at Stromlo, a suburb that was designed by a meth-head town planner while on a particularly gigantic bender. So traffic can be an issue...

Just a thought...
View attachment 7167
For those if us that work in the hospitality sector public holidays are almost impossible to get off. I was thrilled that I am able to attend on the original date.

Biggles

Premier Member
OK, my WA Rally has been cancelled. Now just need the NSW and ACT borders to open... :confused:
(where is the hysterical laughter emoticon when you need one?)
For those who keep asking and can't scroll back, it's Saturday 9th October starting at 3:30AM.

Last edited: