I finally did it!!

After years of riding and making a few 1000 miles in less than 24 hours rides, i finally decided to get certified.
I along with a friend rode from Blairsville, PA to Sioux falls. SD (1,164 miles in 21 hrs 10 min.). I rode a 2004 ultra classic and my friend did it on a Yamaha Stryker (without a windshield) i think he's nuts! I can honestly say i'm proud to have completed this ride and can't wait to complete several more. i'm just waiting on the certification for the proof that i did it.

Thanks to all the people in the forum thst gave me the tips and confidence to actually get certified.

Last edited:

kwthom

=o&o>
Premier Member
IBA Member
Thanks to all the people in the forum that gave me the tips and confidence to actually get certified.
Another congratulations - welcome to the insanity.

Unlike the others, I'll ask a feedback question. Which tip (or tips) seemed to be the ones that really helped you achieve the goal? Was it personal preparations, bike preparations, understanding the time-management equation...

Another congratulations - welcome to the insanity.

Unlike the others, I'll ask a feedback question. Which tip (or tips) seemed to be the ones that really helped you achieve the goal? Was it personal preparations, bike preparations, understanding the time-management equation...
The info i found most helpful was on personal prep. such as hydration, eating low carbs, no caffeine and stretching. stopping when fatigue was setting in. time managemet tips were to limit fuel stops to no mre than 15 min, most of mine were under 10. but the best advice was simply to relax, keep calm stay alert and enjoy the ride.

Rony6ble

Premier Member
Congratulations! After many years and certificates, I'm still trying to reproduce a perfect trip log. Maybe I need to follow your advise: "... the best advice was simply to relax, keep calm stay alert and enjoy the ride."

Rusjel

Premier Member
What does a 4004 model Hog look like? Not much different to a 1954 Hog I'm guessing!

Congratulations on the ride, even if you did a lot of big mile days before your first IBA like I did, the route and fuel planning and juggling receipts and witness for,s still adds an extra dimension. Here's to many more for you.