Ian (Scooterboy)

Rick UK

Brit Butt Light Rally Master
Premier Member
IBA Member
Work permitting, I hope to put in an appearance. If I don't make it, please pass on my condolences.

Rick

saphena

IBAUK Webmaster
Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
Steve Westall will be at the funeral and the Half Moon but is unable to post to this forum because ...

I'll be at the funeral but am unable to attend the Ace, might manage the Half Moon, as I'll be fiddled with by a nurse that morning.

Last edited:
We seem to be splitting abit here. Are we meeting at ACE & then going to Mortlake, or meeting a cafe near Co-op & then going to Mortlake?

Or both?

And Bob, boasting about your fiddling with nurses is upsetting to say the least and thoroughly bad form :eek::p:D

Last edited:

saphena

IBAUK Webmaster
Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
I got it wrong, Steve was talking about the Half Moon, not the Ace.

at my time of life Mike I'll take any boasts available!

GSears

Dambuster... Bouncing panniers...
Premier Member
IBA Member
Steve Westall will be at the funeral and the Half Moon but is unable to post to this forum because ...

I'll be at the funeral but am unable to attend the Ace, might manage the Half Moon, as I'll be fiddled with by a nurse that morning.
Mike

I will be going to the Ace for brekkie at 9 and then on to the café next to the Co-Op for about 11 as London traffic, even on a bike can be :mad:

FazerPhil

President IBA UK
Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
I'll be there, God Willing.

Just for information Iain spelled his name with the extra "i", not sure as to why as I think Iain has its routes in Scotland?

Love, light and kindness,

Dave
I always thought that but his mother only used one i in her email to me.

Ace cafe at 9 then for me. Then onto the Half Moon Cafe, Hammersmith for 11 before nipping next door to the Coop at 12 noon to follow Ian to Mortlake cemetery.

Those that can can join where they like but at leave at the Coop to leave at 12 noon

Last edited:

GarminDave

Ex-Arkwright
Premier Member
I always thought that but his mother only used one i in her email to me.

Ace cafe at 9 then for me. Then onto the Half Moon Cafe, Hammersmith for 11 before nipping next door to the Coop at 12 noon to follow Ian to Mortlake cemetery.

Those that can can join where they like but at leave at the Coop to leave at 12 noon

Curiouser and Curiouser.

saphena

IBAUK Webmaster
Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
About 20 of us turned up, most at the Half Moon and followed the Triumph outfit hearse. Several of us attended the wake at the Plough in East Sheen afterwards. I think our presence was appreciated by Iain's mother, aunt and other relatives and friends.

Of course the funeral procession left late. Be lucky Iain.

FazerPhil

President IBA UK
Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
To everyone able to turn out thanks. Motorcycling was a big part of Ian's life. His mother Sylvia and the family appreciated our presence.
Thanks Alan for the help with jump leads. I got home with no further problems.

GarminDave

Ex-Arkwright
Premier Member
Iain's family said his ashes would be scattered at Hartside Cafe. I asked them to appraise Phil when they planned to do it, good excuse for a ride to support them during the scattering.