IBA Australia - 20th Anniversary 50CC Ride

Kimmie

Any idea of supporter numbers maybe doing the intercept ride along deal?
This be true
Gatey, Kimmie is trying to make the start and ride along for a bit, not sure if anyone else at this stage.
This be true Fatman & Gatey.
Pending how I'm feeling, I might make Adelaide and call it a day.
Then the plan is to turn around and head home somehow.

I'm also trying to get in some ride conditioning before then.

Kimmie

"I'm also trying to get in some ride conditioning before then."

Ive dropped Lobster, Champaign, and Caviar? something out of my diet.
My desk job now includes a walk to the printer.

Yep I got to start walking much much more.
Yep also started walking Howie the wonder dog every morning despite the 2deg mornings at 6am.
Lamingtons and donuts for morning tea have also limited to once a week......

Skidoo

Premier Member
What sort of fuel range would be required to join in this little escapade?
There will be many different plans and refuelling strategies worked on by riders.
From my limited experience, I would suggest enough fuel is carried maximising distance reducing the number of refuellings required. The added advantage being it covers excessive fuel usage due to headwinds etc. I carry enough for for the max allowed by IBA between designated breaks.
There is nothing wrong carrying a plastic can or two, the added advantage over plumbed fuel systems being, a ‘pee stop’ can be factored into simultaneously refuelling your beast.

Fatman

What sort of fuel range would be required to join in this little escapade?
Shane, riders will be on their own ride schedules/refuel locations once we all start from Port Melbourne at 2am although some may choose to ride together, so the range you require is the range that you don't run out of fuel I guess.

Where else would you rather be on August 25th than to join in this little escapade! Hope you can make it Shane, should be fun.

Gatey

Premier Member
IBA Member
I personally don't have any issue with a rider traveling behind me running on High beam.
As a rule, TonyK and I ran this method for years. We generally traveled 100m to several hundred meters apart and our light formed a great long steam of illuminated corridor.
I would rather a following rider have the best view forward so 1 I don't feel like I'm robbing them of better visibility and 2 If I go down from roo strike or collision with road rubbish they will have longer to notice and avoid me or my bike or the thing that's caused a failure to proceed.
So, you see it's in my best interest and theirs to leave those lights on high if you're following me.

Others will have a different view.

OX-34

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Like Gatey I'm all for running Spots on full bore. It never bothers me if the guy behind is doing the same. My elbows can cover the mirrors and as a bonus the sides of the road are lit by the guy behind.

When the late Eddie Brown organised Ethan's Heart Ride there were a dozen LD bikes forming a light tunnel through the NSW back roads. It was an amazing thing to see.