IBA Australia Inaugural Muster

Tele

Premier Member
Hmm yes I wondered about that as I'm taking the main track down but hope to miss the crowds heading south of Brissy if I get away at around 2 to 3pm. ETA 11am ish Need to check up on the roadworks that are on too.

Hypothermia is going to be the real issue for a soft QueeNZlander like me tho ....
Much the same route as me , but starting from home in Newcastle, I'm heading north as a first stage to add the extra k's. basic plan is leave Newie after lunch (13:00\14:00) hopefully ahead of the holiday traffic and follow the Pacific Highway until Macksville for a turnaround docket. Then back through Heatherbrae, down the M1 onto the Hume and then via Wagga, Narrandera, West Wyalong and into Parkes. Intent was to run the main highways overnight then swing inland as the sun comes along. Once I head south I hope the traffic issues lessen. Surely people aren't silly enough to head south in this weather !! :eek:

Gatey

Premier Member
IBA Member
Low profile lasts longer. Is it so damn important to tell everyone whats going on? No...its nothing to do with every tom dick and harriet till its turns up on FB or Twiter etc. Then its suddenly made their business.
Cant wait till Mondays news of a cannonball run in parts of NSW.

You tweet you talk to the world. "Some people use these mediums successfully to talk to other like/OR not so alike minded people." Yep that's called talking to people you know maybe...not everyone else you dont know

Or you use your phone and ring your wife or a mate along the way.
John there is no big need to tell everyone mate.

I'll buy you a beer if your upset by my post and I'll buy you a beer anyway John.

Gatey

Premier Member
IBA Member
Banner Shot seems very in theme round here. Snow and sleet all day here.
If your plan includes sections of the New England north of Armidale and south of Glen Inness in the dark house Friday be aware Black ice has been a feature of the road surface for the last 4 days and expected to be an issue over the next week.
Sand Ladders???? or IceWaivers.
A joke about mindset is all.
Tis cold and snowing here anyway.

Guys no one is asking you to do this I ts just if you use those social media sites than there is an option.
Some people use these mediums successfully to talk to other like minded people.

Each to their own
I Parks is surrounded by police on Friday night. you can blame social media and don't think the police aren’t reading it they do. So keep ride plans under your hat

Johng

Premier Member
I Parks is surrounded by police on Friday night. you can blame social media and don't think the police aren’t reading it they do. So keep ride plans under your hat
The police can look at my ride plan and my spot to check my speed as well as my distance over time anytime. I am assuming this is a tongue in cheek comment. If not that's ok as everyone is entitled to their option. Ride safe

The police can look at my ride plan and my spot to check my speed as well as my distance over time anytime. I am assuming this is a tongue in cheek comment. If not that's ok as everyone is entitled to their option. Ride safe
Then have you have planned the recommended 15min rest break every two hours? It's not all about speed. Sorry ...I'm a cynic.

Reader57

We are promoters of safe long distance riding and excessive speed should never be a part of our calculations. However, try explaining what we do to a truckie or worse, the owner of a transport company.
Fatigue management is something that is voluntary to us but mandatory/legislated to them.

That being said, I know my brother in law, who is a senior sergeant in TOG, does not troll twitter looking for people who are planning to travel long distances in 24 hours. Advertised illegal drag/drift meetings are another thing.

Fransvdm

Premier Member
I am subscribed to NSW Police force on facebook. Might post my SPOT link there next time I go for a ride just to "see what happens".

I'll keep ya posted

I am excited! this will be my first IBA attempt by myself, really keen to see you all in Parkes, watch out Gatey might just grab you in a selfie....

plus this is my first big ride attempt on the V-Strom, not having the luxuries of the ST1300 this time is going to be a shock to the system i think!

Lonerider

Premier Member
The Medical gods have conspired against me, unfortunately I am now an 11th hour withdrawal. :(
My Mum was rushed to hospital yesterday, and as I write this she is having the second last test before they decide which operation they are going to do on her heart. ( a phone call is next to the medical board regarding her previous pill pusher of a doctor )
Hopefully know more tomorrow ( after the final test ), too late for me to leave on the ride over.

P.S. Daisy, you are now safe, me and my camera will still be here in Perth, W.A.

Also if anyone is still looking for accomodation, the Henry Parkes now have 2 rooms available.

Gatey

Premier Member
IBA Member
I am excited! this will be my first IBA attempt by myself, really keen to see you all in Parkes, watch out Gatey might just grab you in a selfie....

plus this is my first big ride attempt on the V-Strom, not having the luxuries of the ST1300 this time is going to be a shock to the system i think!

Mate just watch yourself with the cold and being more exposed on the semi naked bike. Tis such a shock to go from a hot machine to a good breather in the wintr months.
TDM which has about as much cover as the strom... I used to keep the legs shorter and make every hot spot a winner.
ST in these sort of conditions here today and on through this week? well its going to be cruel for all of us in those first few hours Friday.
Snowed again out here this-morning. Weaners are mosters of the hey and line the fences as Im chugging up the paddocks.
Friday is going the be a job for a few hours Streak. Just play your own game man. See you down there.

tj189

Premier Member
Ray, hope all goes well for your Mum, don't forget to look after yourself as well. As you said on the phone, catch you on the next one.

Ed.

Premier Member
I am subscribed to NSW Police force on facebook. Might post my SPOT link there next time I go for a ride just to "see what happens".

I'll keep ya posted
Don't poke the bear, Frans. Nothing to be gained by doing something like this and so very much to be lost. 99.9% of what we do is totally legal but all sorts of other things used to be totally legal as well...

Edited for sense.