IBA Australia Inaugural Muster

Fransvdm

Premier Member
Don't poke the bear, Frans. Nothing to be gained by doing something like this and so very much to be lost. 99.9% of what we do is totally legal but all sorts of other things used to be totally legal as well...

Edited for sense.
I might even tell'em where I intend to make up lost time if I fall behind schedule for having to go to the toilet unplanned.

I'm not on twitter but might sign up there also just to be sure the police know what I'm doing

Rusjel

Premier Member
I'm putting all this nonsense down to pre ride excitement.

Please tell me it's pre ride excitement?

I've countered all that by not having my bike ready, last three nights have been spent farkling, breaking IBA preparation principle 5 or somesuch.

Lonerider

Premier Member
To all those that are attending.
Hope you all have a great trip and may the weather gods smile upon you. I look forward to reading all the stories next week with an enormous amount of jealousy !

With a lot of luck I may be able to catch a few of you at the Border Run.

TripleTreat

Good afternoon IBA Aust folks. Looking at the recent road closures for snow and ice on some of the roads that I intend to ride, along with the forecast temperatures at various points of the day/night for Friday/Saturday, I would like to know if I have the option of varying my submitted ride plan if necessary on the day.

tj189

Premier Member
Good afternoon IBA Aust folks. Looking at the recent road closures for snow and ice on some of the roads that I intend to ride, along with the forecast temperatures at various points of the day/night for Friday/Saturday, I would like to know if I have the option of varying my submitted ride plan if necessary on the day.
Yes you can. Please bare with us at the check in table though, we will do our best to make the amendment for you on the night but your certificate may need to be posted out.
enjoy your ride in.

Farkleit

Premier Member
I am excited! this will be my first IBA attempt by myself, really keen to see you all in Parkes, watch out Gatey might just grab you in a selfie....

plus this is my first big ride attempt on the V-Strom, not having the luxuries of the ST1300 this time is going to be a shock to the system i think!
hope to see you get on this one streak, good luck

Cape

Unfortunately I've had to withdraw from this Inaugural muster.
I was very much looking forward to it & catching up.
My take on the organisation is that it will be very successful & one to be remembered.
My congratulations to the organisers.
The weather is looking positive, watch out for those hoppers especially on the quieter country roads.
Hopefully I can make it to the next one.

Tele

Premier Member
Very sorry to hear of all those than cannot make the weekend :(
Take care of yourselves and family and look forward to catching up at the next opportunity.
I went to pack my heated vest this afternoon only to find that I don't own one ............:oops::D

For me, it's all about layers ........ I'll be packing plenty. I have even taken the Beadrider off the seat so that the heated seat actually heats my backside!:p

Looking forward to the challenge. Safe travels to all. Just to get another day of training courses out of the way and I can get really keen.

All the best to everyone riding this weekend. Ride safe and have fun.

It may be a big country with lots of roads, but it's also a small community. Looking forward to catching up with you at some stage on one of those roads.

tj189

Premier Member
Unfortunately I've had to withdraw from this Inaugural muster.
I was very much looking forward to it & catching up.
My take on the organisation is that it will be very successful & one to be remembered.
My congratulations to the organisers.
The weather is looking positive, watch out for those hoppers especially on the quieter country roads.
Hopefully I can make it to the next one.
Thank you Cape, I look forward to catching up on the road. Take care of yourself and family.

Skidoo

Premier Member
It's getting close everyone.

Parkes Services Club is located at 9-17 Short St Parkes. Phone 02 6862 1966.

Registration and certification will commence from 10:00 on the first floor in the 'Starlight lounge' in the club.

Parking is available at the rear of the club reserved for IBA riders. This compound is not covered but can be locked if required.
Access is via the second driveway to the right behind the club as you turn into Caledonia St, sic pic 1

http://i1148.photobucket.com/albums/o578/skidoooo/Parkes Muster/Parkes 1.jpg

Ride down the driveway for approximately 75 metres, see pic 2

Don't forget your witness forms and to vote!

Looking forward to catching up with everyone

Crappy

Premier Member
Bugger Danny see you down the road a bit.

Putting the bike together and was about to brag how everything is working when I found the foot peg moving with cracked mounts on the frame, just waiting for a gun welder from work and we'll be away tonight as planned.

Found another Sir Henry Parkes statue in Sydney old Henry sounds like a character quote "a large-brained self-educated Titan whose natural field was found in Parliament" and seeing hows I 'm going past I better get a picture there and at Parkes and the Henry Parkes Motel.
Did I need to bring a cricket bat for cricket on the dish ?