IBA JAX 2016 PIZZA Party

Mike sent an email out to 28 riders referring to the plane Crazy ride so I'd say that's a good estimate. It's definitely going to be a challenging ride. I have a long range bike and I still have to make 12 stops myself. I'm less concerned about the stops as I am about the traffic in Tampa. I've been watching the patterns over the last few days trying to figure out the best time to leave Jacksonville to not get stuck in evening rush hour. That's one plus to this years ride... You don't have to leave right at 5:45 as years past.
If you leave at 05:45 you do not need to get a gas receipt. Mike has always told us that if we leave later, we must get a starting gas receipt and finish with another receipt within 24 hours.

Question is, is it OK to leave early.....as in 02:30? That could avoid a lot of traffic, but might not have daylight for certain pictures unless your headlight would light up the area. I've used my Wing's headlight many times to illuminate a waypoint for a picture.

gramps

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
If you leave at 05:45 you do not need to get a gas receipt. Mike has always told us that if we leave later, we must get a starting gas receipt and finish with another receipt within 24 hours.

Question is, is it OK to leave early.....as in 02:30? That could avoid a lot of traffic, but might not have daylight for certain pictures unless your headlight would light up the area. I've used my Wing's headlight many times to illuminate a waypoint for a picture.

gramps
No. Unless Mike says otherwise, you can't leave earlier than the official start time.

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association

Slasher

Premier Member
I'd be tempted to leave early as well if it was permitted but, they usually don't hand out the flags until 0500 anyway. I'm thinking of getting my flag, having a leisurely breakfast and hitting the road a few hours later. The excitement of getting on the road might overcome my logic though!

tdragger

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
With the stops back loaded on the route, many pics will be after dark. Make sure you have the alternates listed.