IBA JAX 2016 PIZZA Party

Jason Jonas

Premier Member
IBR Staff
I got signed up without any issues. Haven't received an email with the hotel information yet, but I'm sure it's on its way before too long. Already looking forward to hitting the road to JAX.

mkneebone

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
Hotel information will be sent by Lisa on Monday afternoon (January 4, 2016), she is doing a call with the hotel in the morning, then will hit send.

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
Is the pizza party what it says it is, or a party like Daytona?
It started out as a pizza party (at Stavros Pizza in Daytona Beach and later at other venues), but became so large that it is now a buffet banquet and also includes at least one certificate ride.

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association

I just registered for my first pizza party! Also signed up for my first rally style SS1000! Really excited. Only thing that will dull my excitement will be snow/ice on the roads in early March which is very possible in central Indiana.....fingers crossed.

Dan

Last edited:

rodneyw71

KLR'er
Premier Member
I just registered for my first pizza party! Also signed up for my first rally style SS1000! Really excited. Only thing that will dull my excitement with be snow/ice on the roads in early March which is very possible in central Indiana.....fingers crossed.

Dan
You can always rent a uhaul and get to the warm weather, unload it and keep riding.

I just registered for my first pizza party! Also signed up for my first rally style SS1000! Really excited. Only thing that will dull my excitement will be snow/ice on the roads in early March which is very possible in central Indiana.....fingers crossed.

Dan
I am also thinking about the possible inclimate weather in early March east out of Spokane. Last year, my early May B2B rides were dicey with temperatures in the 20s and sleet at times through mountain passes. So, I think maybe a trip down the west coast to SDO before taking off to JAX might be a better idea for this ride (if my work schedule permits adequate time).

If anyone else is planning this this jaunt from SDO, let me know. Misery loves company after all.
--Chelsea

Lisa

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
Good news! There are a few tickets remaining for the IBA Bike Week Party for those of you interested in attending. All the info can be found at www.ironbutt.com/daytona and then log into your ironbuttrecords account. The tab will be on the left side, click through and register.

Do not delay because by 'a few' I mean HARDLY ANY!! If you're new here, this is a fantastic opportunity to meet lots of your new best friends as well as ask questions and view fully farkled bikes in the parking lot. It's a relaxed time of friendship and motorcycles. Nothing better than that, except RIDING and you can do that as well by signing up for either the Plane Crazy 1000 or 1500.

There will not be a scoring certification seminar this year so you'll want to sign up for one of the rides. The seminar will return in 2017 so take this opportunity to participate in a super fun and challenging ride.

Send me an email at lisa at ironbutt dot com if you have any questions.

See you all in just a few weeks!
Lisa

igneouss

Premier Member
Lisa, I snagged one of those few tickets but have not received my 'hotel info' email...
Let me know if I registered wrong or so some such.

Thanks
Nick byrnes

Lisa

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
Hi Nick -

Sorry for the confusion. Your registration came through about 8pm last night. I try to send out the letters for new registrants every afternoon so that was the delay. You should have it in your inbox now!! See you in just a few weeks :^)))

If any of you northeastern or central folks would like to trailer to my place in Harrisburg, NC and ride from here, (about 450 to JAX), you are welcome to. We have plenty of parking and some empty beds.

I know that some times the weather can be dicey in early March either get out or getting back home. The number one thing we do here is ride safely.

JimBurriss

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Don, I will be there and have signed up for both rides. Not sure which one I will do yet. I need to find someone to help me with Base Camp before BL VIII.

That was a fun, but tight, ride. See you there.

tdragger

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Did the Plane Crazy waypoints get released today?

From the web page:

"The route will be provided in various formats, as well as GPS co-ordinates on February 20th so you will have time to set-up your GPS. While the route is fairly simple, using a GPS will simplify following the route and finding the required check in locations.

Everything needed for the ride will be provided by February 20, 2016. The 5:30 am riders meeting on the morning of the ride should be brief."