IBA Mile Eater Program - Feed Your Passion!

Slasher

Premier Member
Hi Chris, Ref above.. I can't speak for the National Parks Tour, Pressed Penny Challenge, or Lighthouse Challenge as I have not done them and not seen/read the rules however
the EggSanity is a Themed ride set to an SS1000 with sub categories within it.. Standard, Silver & Gold for the challenge.

I see this ride as SS1000 towards my MileEater....

Mike, Ira or Howard may be able to help further

I have read somewhere (Can't find it now) that Mike Kneebone was going to look at including the 50CC Gold into the MileEater qualifying status of ( GOLD or INSANITY level or greater than 48 hours in duration )
But understand that at the moment it's only counted as a normal ride Like the SS2000 ...

Again

Mike, Ira or Howard may be able to help further

There was an Eggsanity 1500 Gold ride. I believe only a few of us who attended the "Tennessee Run For the Hills" Regional rally have it. It was the first time the Eggsanity ride was officially ran. There was a SS1K and a BBG1500 option. After that first ride, the different categories of Eggsanity certification were added so earning a "Gold level" certificate meant riding to a certain number of different breakfast chains but isn't a "Gold" in the true sense of IBA lingo. That being said, I bet if you satisfied the requirements of the Eggsanity ride AND covered 1500 miles in 24 hours or less you would get the certification that I have, which is a true "Gold" level ride and would count towards mile eater status. I will mention it was the closest BBG I ever rode taking something like 23:55 to complete!

Ziggy

Just Another Rider
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Ira & Tim how many months behind is the Mile Eater verification process running at the moment ?

I'm working on this years rides which may have an influence on one of them.

mkneebone

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
Submit those through the

[email protected]

as the Premier teams do not have the data needed to verify the ride listings.

Please note, that address is different then the one you have in your posting.

Ziggy

Just Another Rider
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Finished 2016 with a 100CCC in December to get me over the 60 with a buffer. Just this minute submitted a Titanium application.
Excellent Peter ... Well done.:)

Always pleased to see your latest rides & reports ...Iv'e fallen behind on my rides this last year & a bit so it's slow going .. Hope to have something in the post soon

Ziggy

Just Another Rider
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Well it's been about 6 months now waiting for my 2016 Mile Eater certs and with the changes to the multi day ride verification's things don't seem to be going too well from my side.

Can't understand the delay ...

OX-34

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Maybe the IBR build-up may be contributing to the delay Ziggy..........

Mike is hands-on in both of those high profile IBA endeavours.

kwthom

=o&o>
Premier Member
IBA Member
I think I've figured it out...

There are those that reference 'nesting' of rides to build a LD resume. Now, that's great if you're trying to build up that notebook (or in my case, the file folder) of certifications. However, if you're looking for Mile Eater status, well, a bit of a challenge to overcome (for me, anyway). Let's see if I can't help someone else out - using my personal situation as reference:

I've currently earned, but have yet to apply for Mile Eater Bronze, based on the rides performed. Listed below are the pertinent rides from my resume for the Mile Eater Silver:

SS1000 (2-up) 10/17/15 1,044
W2WN (36hr) 10/15/16 1,640
* SS2000 10/15/16 2,177
50CC 10/18/16 JAX>SDO
* BBG 10/18/16 1,517
* BBG 05/13/17 1,525 NV-BBG

As you see, I've nested a pair of rides on 10/15/2016 (Why to Whynot and Saddlesore 2000) and I did it again with another pair on 10/18/2016 (BBG in a 50CC Quest)

In order for me to obtain Mile Eater Silver, I need to ride two additional rides before 10/15/2017

In the case of the nested rides, I can only claim one of them. I then claim the more 'prestigious' ride for the purposes of the Mile Eater Silver award. I've marked these with the asterisk above.

Hope this helps someone else.

Wombattle

Quick Question. I've recently had a Dusty Butt certified and the certificate says it earned me "entry into the Dusty Butt 1600K GOLD record book!"
Is a Dusty Butt considered a GOLD level ride for the purposes of the mileeater numbers?

Hello... I have a question about the Mile Eater program, and reading this topic didn´t give me an answer.

When reading the rules for the Mile Eater Silver, it says:

"Mile Eater SILVER

The Silver level is totally different (this time limit does not exist in any other Mile Eater program). ALL rides must take place in 12 consecutive months from first ride to last ride for all rides(1 year start to finish).

Silver status is earned by completing at least FIVE certified rides, of which 2 must be GOLD or INSANITY level or greater than 48 hours in duration, in ONE YEAR OR one certified ride per month during a one year period (12 rides in 12 months - one per month)"

In the first section all rides must be taken in 12 consecutive month, which I understand could be from e.g. July one year til June next year.

But in the next section the first possibility: "FIVE certified rides, of which 2 must be GOLD or INSANITY level or greater than 48 hours in duration", should take place in one year... is that meant as a calendar year or still as 12 consecutive month?

And then the second possibility: "OR one certified ride per month during a one year period". Again one year, but here I interprets it as 12 consecutive month because of the word "period"?

I do think the text for the Mile Eater Silver is a little confusing and ambiguous. Could someone please explain to me the exact meaning, or even better, redefine the text in the Mile Eater program.

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
Yes, it is confusing and ambiguous.

In all cases related to the Mile Eater Silver award, we mean 12 consecutive months. It is not based upon calendar year - you can start in any month.

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association