IBA Mile Eater Program - Feed Your Passion!

EricV

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Sorry if I'm not being clear. Yes, if you choose to ride 12 rides, you have to do one in each month. You can't skip months and do more in one month.

That's why it's more common for people to do it with just 5 rides. You can do the 5 rides any time during the year. Even all the same month if you want. They just have to be 5 rides that are distinctly separate and meet the criteria outlined.

EricV

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Because the Silver is unique in the Mile Eater list, having a limit of 12 months, I believe you can apply for as many as you want if you have the number of rides certified to qualify for each Silver. Some people have multiple Silver ME awards, even in the same year, just having ridden all those rides. And as I understand, if you wanted to submit for a Silver ME with 5 Gold level rides, that works too, though it's not required. The cert may even be worded that way if you do that.

Of course, if you did all the rides you outline, 12 in 12 for one Silver, 2/3 for another and 5 gold rides for a third Silver ME, you'd also qualify for a ME Gold with over 20 rides certified and at least 5 of them Gold or Insanity, 48 hour or more duration, (with no time limit).

AwDang

Sorry guy’s, I thought of another question
My first cert ride this year (pending) is my 5th cert needed to move to ME Bronze. My question is; can I also claim that ride with 4 more to claim ME Silver for this year?

CB650F

Premier Member
As long as the ride is certified, I don't see why it wouldn't be valid for a ME Silver and ME Bronze. The Silver is kinda in its own special category. You'd just need to be sure you meet the other requirements for Silver status, like all of them being in a single year, and the correct number of gold/insanity rides.

Your rides used for Bronze status also count towards Gold status. Your Gold rides also count towards Platinum, which count for Titanium, which count for Diamond and Black. They are life time achievement levels. At least, that's how I understand it all.

EricV

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Sorry guy’s, I thought of another question
My first cert ride this year (pending) is my 5th cert needed to move to ME Bronze. My question is; can I also claim that ride with 4 more to claim ME Silver for this year?
It's a 12 month rolling period, not a calendar year. So as long as you have 5 qualifying rides in a 12 month period, yes you can claim the first cert ride this year in that group.

AwDang

It's a 12 month rolling period, not a calendar year. So as long as you have 5 qualifying rides in a 12 month period, yes you can claim the first cert ride this year in that group.
I understand that part, i’m confused because it also overlaps as my 5th lifetime cert.
can all of MES overlap (double dip) lifetime award claims?

EricV

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Yes. If you can pick a 12 month period that has the qualifying rides in it, submit for the MES. If you wanted to claim a second MES, you could not use any rides from the first MES, but you are fine with using qualifying rides that are covered under other ME awards.

You need to think of the Silver as it's own stand alone award/cert. The other ME awards/certs are lifetime, while the Silver is a specific 12 month period you choose. It doesn't matter if you are using rides covered under the other ME certs, in fact, ALL of your rides technically fall under the other ME certs.