IBA motel options between Ti Tree and Stuarts Well road house

spanner

Howdy all,

I am looking for a nice IBA motel between Ti Tree and Sturts Well road house on the Stuart Highway.

My style of IBA is a table with a roof. I have my own inflatable mattress and pillow which I usually lay on the table and snooze away.

Do you have any recommendations?

Cheers,

Spanner

Fransvdm

Premier Member
I haven't slept there, but I'm sure there would be a few IBA motels
There are rest stops a plenty
You might just want to pull over when you are tired and see a rest stop. That's what I do, instead of planning ahead, but my sleep stops might be a lot shorter than the normal/average day Ron butt rider

Gatey

Premier Member
IBA Member
From memory there is a spot about 5 or 6 k's south of the Aileron road houseon the right side of the hwy. The signs say no entry but its convienient. .Go roght then to your right is a grid.gate 9 cant remember now. Its on the corner of a fence line and the gounds mostly OK to run along the outside of the fence 50 mtrs or so and trow your swag out its got a couple of bushes. BUT stop on the short little tar strip first then go for a walk before committing. Its a few years since I used this spot and the ground might be softer than your happy with. I tend to use those tiny little tracks that turn off into paddock gateways of the big runs.

tj189

Premier Member
Prowse Gap - rest area 45km S of Ti Tree or 14km N of Aileron
Ryans Well Reserve Rest Area - 7km S of Aileron or 125km N of Alice Springs
Connor Well Rest Area - 38km S of Aileron or 95 km N of Alice Springs
Mt Poilhill Rest Area - 68km S of Alice Springs or 32km Nof Stuarts Well

Thanks to Camps Australia Wide