IBA Natchez Trace 1000

I want to thank you guys for doing that, the certificate looks really cool. Now I will have to add that ride to my bucket list. Maybe if the ride grows we can get a patch dedicated to the ride. 20200905_085401.jpg

Last edited:

AwDang

Ride report and more stats posted HERE

I have requested a new IBA ride be created and that has been acknowledged, but no word on if it will happen or not. That is totally Mike Kneebone's decision. In part, from discussions in this thread, this is what I suggested for the outline of the Cert Ride.

Natchez Trace 1000 - Ride 1000 miles, with at least one end to end ride of the 444 mile long Natchez Trace in your route.

Natchez Trace 1000 Silver - Ride the entire length of the Natchez Trace TWICE during your SS1K ride!

Natchez Trace 1000 Gold - Complete over 1000 miles on the Natchez Trace where all mileage off the NT is deducted from your total miles for the ride.

Natchez Trace Scooter 1000 - Ride a scooter meeting the above requirements.

Natchez Trace Scooter 1000 Insanity - Ride a scooter less than 300cc meeting the above requirements.

So if my ride is approved and the above was used, my ride on my 150cc scooter would be a Natchez Trace Scooter 1000 Gold Insanity cert. :D If you can't laugh at that, you need a long ride! As is, my ride, if approved, would be a Scooter SS1K Gold, meeting those requirements already outlined on the Big List.
@EricV @Ira
I saw Eric got a Trace cert, What was the outcome of this proposed ride structure? What if the Trace is used as part of a BB/ BBG?

EricV

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
As far as I know, it's just a ride where you have to do all 1000 miles on the Natchez Trace to claim the cert. I documented my off trace miles to make sure I rode over 1000 miles actually on the trace. I liked the ideas we collectively came up with for various levels, but don't know if any of those interested the IBA. Until it gets listed as an official ride on the IBA web site Big List, it's up to the IBA how they want to deal with submissions. I'm sure you could ask for any cert to read that you included the length of the Natchez Trace in your BB or BBG route, which could certainly be seen as upping the difficulty. You could likely do a BB1500 entirely on the trace if you wanted to and planned well. But not a BBG, as the required speed would be over the official speed limit on the Trace.

Yep, because the speed limit is 50 mph or less, plus there can be traffic like bicycles. I am thinking it will be all I can do to get a SS, its definitely a challenge. If you have one of those extended tanks it makes it more doable.