IBA Scandinavian Rally 2016 17-19/6

"For the bikes" - and for a good nights rest, rider wise.
One of the non-swedes kind of questioned the arrangement;
"I've been parking my bike all over Europe for years without problems"

We are sure you have. Thing is that Södertälje isn't really Europe anymore.
These two chinese tourists...
...was not aware of this and left their luggage unattended for a few minutes at breakfast.
BOOM! Nicked.
Daniel did actually witness the theft and did his part in leaving the discription to the front desk, 5 minutes before the start. Now that's quality...
As a non-Swede I'm surprised that crime is so rife.

Well done to all competitors, and Robert - well, victor again! :)

This looked like a fun event that I'll have to try one day.

Hampe

Not Right Rider
Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
As a non-Swede I'm surprised that crime is so rife.
Please don't read to much in to it.
It is certain areas and cities that is going through painful transitions, and where the society and community in general has not yet adopted to the new situation.
Sweden is right now going through a phase were the individual has to pay more attention his or her own safety and well-being.
It's called development, and it's good for us.
They say...

You know us - we are so nice and naive, an easy target when we go abroad.
We still belive that "Special price for you, my friend" actually is a special price - and that the person saying it indeed is a new friend to be relied upon.
We'll come around, and we'll get just as suspicious as the next country.

Hampe

Frazze

Premier Member
Back home after a nice weekend altough we did not get an impressive score. I might write something under "Reserapporter" about how to get to 15,000 points. Excellent preparations by Hampe and Benny. Thanks alot! I think you need to participate in the rally to understand what kind of efforts it takes to make an event like this.

Hampe

Not Right Rider
Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
Hampe, how about that listing of visited bonus locations per rider? Would like to make little post-analysing )

P

What? Me, analyze...?

I am looking for a bike to fix: BR Riders Naruska Tour is coming up!
http://www.brbikers.com/

...but you are right. There is some eftermath that we are going to present.
Benny is a bit choked right now - his new love has started to kick back in a fashion the old one didn't...

Info will follow.

EDIT!

Just talked to my better half.
Benny will be back next week, and he is eager to show you all the mistakes you did, :D
Stay tuned.

/Hampe

Hampe

Last edited:

AyrtonO

Premier Member
Nono, if I remember correctly, talk was, instead of publishing whole routes, you would deliver later list of visited bonus locations of each driver, if someone likes to compare his decisions vs fellows...