IBA Start banquet

chfnelson

Premier Member
I had the pleasure of attending the Starting Banquet Sunday evening. It was the first I have been able to attend since my own Start in the 2009 Rally. It was a pleasure meeting old friends and making new ones. As we sat around kicking lies and telling tires, I was reminded of the John Denver song, 'Calypso'. "The places we've been to and the things we have seen". Met riders that were in Hyder with me on the last Hyder Seek put on by Ron Ayres. Riders that were on the 2009 Rally, and of course more Team Strange riders. Wonderful evening for me. More that ever I want to get back in condition to ride and maybe take another crack at a three digit plate. Unfinished business, as Lisa said of some riders coming back for another try.
I will be there at the end to hear tales of triumph and defeat. But even in defeat, it is something that only a few will get to experience, and that is never forgotten.

Stephen!

Flivver Flyer
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
I had the pleasure of attending the Starting Banquet Sunday evening. It was the first I have been able to attend since my own Start in the 2009 Rally. It was a pleasure meeting old friends and making new ones. As we sat around kicking lies and telling tires, I was reminded of the John Denver song, 'Calypso'. "The places we've been to and the things we have seen". Met riders that were in Hyder with me on the last Hyder Seek put on by Ron Ayres. Riders that were on the 2009 Rally, and of course more Team Strange riders. Wonderful evening for me. More that ever I want to get back in condition to ride and maybe take another crack at a three digit plate. Unfinished business, as Lisa said of some riders coming back for another try.
I will be there at the end to hear tales of triumph and defeat. But even in defeat, it is something that only a few will get to experience, and that is never forgotten.
It was good to see you again, Dave. Let's not wait eleven years to do it again next time!