IBAUK Future Staffing

FazerPhil

President IBA UK
Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
During the next year we will need to replace a couple of retirees.

If you feel that you would like to do your bit and put something back in email me [email protected] and we'll organise an informal chat. If you have spoken to me in the past by all means remind me!!!

I prefer, as before, to have volunteers lined up in advance so we continue having all the positions filled.

FazerPhil

President IBA UK
Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Michael "Ziggy" Turnpenny has agreed to take over verification when Mike Topham retires. John Cunniffe has agreed to help Michael in any way he can.

Graeme Dawson already liaises with Squires Cafe/Bar for the RBLR1000. He will carry that on further and organise Ride Outs to well known biker haunts. He will organise a corner of the carpark for us to put up our flag and park our bikes to promote IBAUK. Debi will still be our Ride To Eat coordinator and Chief "Cake Maker"

I'm talking to a couple of other volunteers who I'm sure we will slot in someplace soon

Thanks Mike Topham for the sterling job you've done with verification and helping to perfect our new ride recording system introduced by our resident Techy Bob Stammers.

I'd like to thank all the new volunteers for responding.

IBAUK is run totally by volunteers and we have to thank them, for all efforts they put in, organising the events that we all enjoy.

GarminDave

Ex-Arkwright
Premier Member
I have whinged to Phil a couple of times that I'm getting too old to bother with the Shop. However as long as I can get to the stock (I keep it in my loft) I'll soldier on; unless anyone has a desire to replace me?

I can't attend the RBLR1000 this year and I usually sell a bit of stuff so if anyone is going in a car and wants to take the responsibility for the stock please contact me to work out logistics or there will be no IBA Shop at Squires this year.

Love, light and kindness,

Dave

Megabuck

IBAUK Verifier
IBA Member
Hi Dave,

Phil talked to me about the shop. I'm on holiday for almost all of June, so I suggested deferring until after I returned. Fairly obviously, I can't do the RBLR1000 either!

Regards,
Martin

GarminDave

Ex-Arkwright
Premier Member
Hi Martin,

yes thanks for this John 12A has expressed interest too and I think he can do the RBLR1000. It is a difficult job to spread over a couple of people, perhaps because I'm not a good team player more benevolent Dictator, but I'm sure John could do with some help.

I'll keep you appraised of progress.

Love, light and kindness,

Dave.

FazerPhil

President IBA UK
Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Debbie is finally marrying Steve so feels it's the time to stepdown as Ride to Eat coordinator having done a sterling job for many years. Debbie assures me she will still be making cakes.
Graeme Dawson has stepped un to be your new Ride to Eat Co-ordinator.
His intention is to move them around the country to attract new riders. We will also put on events at some of them.

FazerPhil

President IBA UK
Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
If anyone feels they can put in the time in future just have a word at a ride to eat or email me on [email protected].
I prefer to have future replacements in mind to avoid having positions unfilled.

We will particularly need replacements for the rally team in years to come which is now becoming more than a one person job. The team for a rally would be bonus finders/checkers + route master to control theme,points etc + scoring team. If you can help and are an experienced Iron Butt rally rider. Let me know.

Michael "Ziggy" Turnpenny has agreed to take over verification when Mike Topham retires. John Cunniffe has agreed to help Michael in any way he can.

Graeme Dawson already liaises with Squires Cafe/Bar for the RBLR1000. He will carry that on further and organise Ride Outs to well known biker haunts. He will organise a corner of the carpark for us to put up our flag and park our bikes to promote IBAUK. Debi will still be our Ride To Eat coordinator and Chief "Cake Maker"

I'm talking to a couple of other volunteers who I'm sure we will slot in someplace soon

Thanks Mike Topham for the sterling job you've done with verification and helping to perfect our new ride recording system introduced by our resident Techy Bob Stammers.

I'd like to thank all the new volunteers for responding.

IBAUK is run totally by volunteers and we have to thank them, for all efforts they put in, organising the events that we all enjoy.
In 2005 I did two awards in one ride on my R1100RS, Chelmsford, Norwich, Manchester via Cat and Fiddle, Thurso and back to Chelmsford, 1,000 miles Saddlesore in 24 hours and 1,605 miles in 36 for Bunburner. I verified this at time but never received the certificates or plate. I contacted Mike Kneebone yesterday and amazingly got confirmation in a couple of hours that I will get the goods. Proud and delighted to have membership of this elite and fabled group.

I’m newest member Tony Biebuyck, lifetime long distance biker, two Ironbutt awards and lots of 1,000 miles rides including Le Joh
i need a garage or workshop for my tools and Nortons locally. Any ideas or offers? 07814802148 or abiebuyck@ gmail.com if you have. Cheers!