I'm having a mental health day

gus

well another day, another hiccup (minor). Rob had to go Kings Park and get a Photo for his ride, sounded easy. Get to the city and half the streets were blocked off due to the City to Surf fun run, shit!
goes right past the entrance to Kings Park, I managed to get around and in the back way (his spot pings don't show the way we went and one isn't even where we went).
He also failed to listen to me and charge his power pack in the house last night and it failed to charge hooked to the bike, got some charge into it while we went to Kings Park (at home) so he may run out of phone charge during the day.
The good news is the bike is running fine and Rob had a good rest after a couple of hard days. I left him to it at Muchea where the temp had dropped to 2 degrees from 10 in the city.

gus

I hope you're not expecting a line up of diesel fuelled petrol engined vehicles at your place Gus...
I hope not too, a time consuming job with no shortcuts and a lot of wasted mixed fuel to dispose of (40ltrs).
but at least we both learned how to remedy it in the future and save some time by not trying perceived quick fixes.

HACKLE

Ah, the "joys" of diesel draining. Sorry Tabledrain, no pun intended. Makes that 2, or could that be 3 that have fallen to that problem. Your lips are sealed Fatman!!!

Fatman

Rob just phoned it is great to hear him while actually riding.

He is currently heading towards Geraldton, the bike is running fine and all the Diesel smoke has cleared out of the exhaust.

He has a positive attitude and is rejigging his ride as required.

Gatey

Premier Member
IBA Member
Epic journey Rob and a test that will make a normal day back home a breeze in perspective.
Congratulations to you and to the A team as well.

tj189

Premier Member
Thanks for the updates Michael, and to you Gus, mate you are legend in the Australian LDRiding community. Your (and the other West Australians) commitment to supporting riders as they cross the paddock is nothing short of outstanding. Thank you for leading the push over there.

Fatman

Update from Rob.

He is having an easier day today choosing to regather his thoughts and ride plans and is going to have a good sleep at Fitzroy Crossing tonight. He should see Darwin tomorrow night.

Rusjel

Premier Member
Good stuff getting him going guys.

Yeah, I reckon I'd be a prime candidate to pull the diesel nozzle by mistake after two big days, dunno how you guard against it.

Hey Everyone, Dad needs a new rear tyre on the bike and hoping to get one fitted in Darwin first thing in the morning. Can anyone suggest a bike shop that can fit it?

Last edited:

Fatman

Update

Rob made it safely into Darwin after a relaxed fun ride, he loved Lake Argyle and the Victoria Hwy to Katherine.

He will get a new rear tyre fitted (well done Lisa organising it) first thing in the morning before heading south to Pt Augusta. Then Melbourne before up the Hume.

I believe his deadline into Sydney is this Saturday 3rd June @ 12.20am. Lisa feel free to correct me if I am incorrect.

Fatman

Is anyone in Melbourne planning to ride out to meet Rob or Frans and Farkleit?

At this stage Lynne and I will ride to the United West Gate (North) to meet up with Rob. Looks like he is due around 2 - 3am tomorrow, but keep an eye on his Spot for more exact timing. https://spotwalla.com/tripViewer.ph...ast=48&fillFactor=100&zoomLevel=10&showAll=no

From Port Melbourne, Rob is heading to the Flinders St. Station to obtain a pic for the Southern Cross Insanity Ride.

This is the servo they are heading to as far as I know. https://www.google.com.au/maps/plac...e6ed5cc9c5404!8m2!3d-37.8290841!4d144.9192146

Frans and Brian may come through a bit later which we may not be able to hang a round for. https://spotwalla.com/tripViewer.ph...ast=72&fillFactor=100&zoomLevel=10&showAll=no

Last edited:

Tele

Premier Member
I'm planning on meeting Rob somewhere south of Sydney for the run home to the Opera House. That's another pic he needs for the SC Insanity. Riding into the city on a Friday night with the Vivid Carnival in full swing .... what could possibly go wrong :eek::D:D

Fatman

Congratulations Rob on bagging the 50CC from Darwin to Melb. After warming up you looked half normal again. :eek:

Now you just have to get to Sydney before 12.20am tomorrow. Good luck !!