InReach Mini 2 check in

jps6882

Premier Member
I just swapped to an InReach Mini 2 from a Spot device (Spot died). With the Spot, when I did a check-in, it saved that and it showed up on Spotwalla. With the Mini 2, I've only been able to use it to send a message to the wife. Is there a way to have my check-ins show up on SW? Would be nice to have my fuel/rest stops show up without needing to use bubbler. TIA

MidTNJasonF

Premier Member
Hello,

You will need to add the device to your Spotwalla account.
On your dashboard you will need to click on the device manager button under the listed devices.
You will then need to click on + New Device.
You will need the IMI number from the back of the device.
Enter a Description, select Garmin InReach from the drop down menu, enter your IMEI number and Raw KML Feed address (from the Garmin InReach site)

1690985673072.png

Once you have this setup your pings will show. You will may need to select the check mark/button for supporting multiple devices when setting up your trips in Spotwalla if you are also using something like Bubbler for fuel receipt photos.

Last edited:

jps6882

Premier Member
I am able to see my track on SW. My main question relates to checking in with the Mini 2. With the spot, I could just check in, and it would show on SW. With the mini, it just sends the check in to whomever I select, but doesn't post it to the track or SW.

MidTNJasonF

Premier Member
Ahh, sorry. I misunderstood. I will have to look into that and see if I can figure it out. I never bothered trying that with the InReach as I don't really use it for check ins. It is strictly tracking and (hopefully never needed) emergency service contact. I use bubbler as a second tracking device and for fuel/mileage photo tags.