Insurance

IBRX3

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Two Questions:

1. Comprehensive Bike Insurance often allows the rider to ride another bike not belonging to them ( albeit just 3rd party cover). However, does it matter if the other bike is registered elsewhere in Europe? Can't find an answer to this one online. ( this question will lead elsewhere....to be revealed... ;)

2. My Insurance is due for renewal and I have quote from Bikesure for identical cover and terms via an online comparison site which is £75 less than my renewal quote. Never heard of Bikesure. Are they OK ? As in..if you make a claim do they turn to crap?

Chris i believe the bike would have to be insured in the same country. It would be easier to have you added to the European bike policy as a named rider.
Bikesure are quite big and have a 8.3/10 rating on trust pilot, which doesn't mean there any good. Lots rate Carole Nash, i found them less than useless on a non fault claim. MCE are never the cheapest but when i totalled my Pan they where amazing, Pays your money takes your chance.

FazerPhil

President IBA UK
Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
I've always had good dealings with Carol Nash. 2 repairs in Europe.
Recovery from Czech Republic and bike written off.
Recovery of me and bike from Spain.
My non fault broken leg in UK

Just saying like

Rick UK

Brit Butt Light Rally Master
Premier Member
IBA Member
And I know people who have not had great experiences with MCE. I'm with them, but have so far not needed to test them

Sneezy

IBAUK Bouncer
IBA Member
M.c.e are the worst ive been with, carole nash the best, with performance direct at mo, wish hadnt bothered, sooooooo much small print that grabds you by the short and curlies, fingers crossed for a claim free year