Intercoms

Exgreen064

Pretty new to this long distance thing so I just want to find out any recommendations for inter bike comms. Cheep and cheerful up to reasonably priced any reviews would help.

GarminDave

Ex-Arkwright
Premier Member
I use PackTalk Bold.

It has a mesh system and once a group is set up it works really well.

I think the real question is do you want Bike to Bike or to your passenger? And why do you want it.

Bike to bike is basically line of sight, unless you have a mesh system which increases the range if there are a few of you in the mesh.

If you were concerned about getting separated and want to get in touch it would be easier to use mobile phones through helmet intercom.

Lets see what others say.

~Martin~

RBLR1000 Finisher
IBA Member
Is your requirement to talk to others as you will probably be solo on your LD rides, or a battery that will last all day and then change quickly? For me I find the SC1S (Sena) unit in my Schuberth lid does the job.

I have to agree with Dave - If you were concerned about getting separated and want to get in touch it would be easier to use mobile phones through helmet intercom.

DangerDarren

I use a PackTalk bold too, appears to be reliable over last 24 months or so. If you interested in talking with riding buddies then this works great, but as described above only really useful for line-of-sight comms.

Exgreen064

Just general communication between a small group on ride outs, mostly short range line of sight. I was looking at the Cardo Freecom 4, as that is probably the most and everyone can talk at the same time.

GSears

Dambuster... Bouncing panniers...
Premier Member
IBA Member
Schuberth C4 Pro with the SC1. Excellent sound from the SatNav for directions, music and receiving phone calls. Can swap batteries, although they usually last me at least a day with only directions (SS1000 days)

I ride alone, to be together......
No use for intercom function.

Peter Perfect

Another YES for the Schuberth C4 Pro with SC1. The big plus for me is in having a spare battery. On an SS1000 I'll be listening to music/podcasts the whole journey. The spare is slotted in at about 9 1/2 or 10 hours. I can also receive phone calls en route.

Exgreen064

After talking to some others at the Britt Butt rally we are going for the PackTalk Bold. The ability to charge while in use is the deciding factor for our long distance rides.