Interested in doing a 100CCC? March 2017

Martin Little

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Bike is all packed and I'm ready for the short ride up to Sydney this afternoon ahead of catching a few zzzz's before departure Friday morning.

Philmor

Premier Member
Best wishes to the crew heading off on this challenging ride, even though at this time of the evening they should all be snugged up in bed getting some sleep.

I would love to be on the ride or even be able to intercept them to support their ride, but work commitments tomorrow and over this long weekend do not permit it.

Thanks to those heading out to support them at Coogee or pop out from nowhere along the way. It will give them a boost and I know that effort will be appreciated.

I will be keeping watch on the SpotWalla links ;)

Everyone please ride safe.

Farkleit

Premier Member
Hey Rob, any pics of the bike's tank end of the installation - bulkhead/vent line etc?
Seems i found some time at midnight to check out the forum. Hey Ox. I thought you had a tank for your fjr? im looking for detailed pics and how to connect a gravity feed set up.
Im going to be on one of these rides some day.

Fransvdm

Premier Member
Has Martin put up a Spot link that works?

I posted the following on his facebook page

"Martin, when you are back in the east again, please come and visit me for a lesson on how to create a SPOT link that works.....
Or just fix yours. It doesn't work"

I posted the following on his facebook page

"Martin, when you are back in the east again, please come and visit me for a lesson on how to create a SPOT link that works.....
Or just fix yours. It doesn't work"
Glad to its not only me having issues!!
Will post some pics when home...... whenever that is

Fatman

Just spoke to Rob. He is feeling great nearing Burra and has a couple of options if his oa stays above 104kmh.

We saw all 5 at Hay earlier with Rob and Vlad powering on not needing fuel about20 minutes ahead of Martin. Olly then David arrived for a refuel. We followed the trio west and ltp and i left David at Euston. Safe riding guys.

Philmor

Premier Member
Righto. For all those that have done this before. What's the ride plan supposed to be. IE ride for x hours rest/sleep x hours?.
My actual ride from Coogee Beach to Scarborough Beach in Perth in January this year involved:
Depart Coogee 02:00 AEDT = 0 kms GPS
Arrive Ceduna 22:09 AEDT = 2017 kms GPS
5hrs 18mins in Ceduna off the bike to eat, sleep, etc.
Depart Ceduna 03:27 AEDT
Arrive Scarborough 22:59 AEDT = 3952 kms GPS
3952 kms in 45 hours including sleep stop in Ceduna = OA of 87 km/hr.
My certificate (if I ever get around to doing the paperwork) will read the same as a rider who took 49hrs 59mins.

I have the sum total of 1 (one) ride from Sydney to Perth so the more experienced riders may be happy to share their ride details.
My fuel and jerry stops are usually veeery slooow. :(

Rob's Spot shows a 2:37am start from Coogee so he is making excellent time towards Ceduna.
His ride plan now includes a sleep stop at Ceduna.

Last edited:

OX-34

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
A rough plan is to ride 20 hours to Ceduna, sleep 4 hours, ride 20 hours to Perth, sleep 4 to 6 hours, ride back to Ceduna, sleep in for 6 hours, do some washing, wander about the town looking at oysters - oh yeah, then get back on and ride 20 hours home. No need to rush that last leg.
The sting in the tail of the ride can be the Sydney commuter traffic if the clock is ticking toward 0630 on a weekday.

Fransvdm

Premier Member
I haven't done any washing when I Came back from Perth I was fortunate to have lots of rain to do the washing for me.

I didn't wander around town either. The roo that I hit at Iron Knob took up that time for me.....