Interested in doing a 50CC ?

Abe

I was going to do the same ride a day earlier as OZSTOC have a National Rally that weekend in Perth.

I interested Skidoo, I need someone up front to greet the wildlife :eek:

Martin Little

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Karl

Actually on looking at the diary the 12/13 March is doable, I just have to be back at work the following days.

Let me look at the logistics of a shipping bike back.

Skidoo

Premier Member
Karl

Actually on looking at the diary the 12/13 March is doable, I just have to be back at work the following days.

Let me look at the logistics of a shipping bike back.
I have a solution for you Martin, I could bring your bike back for you but it may not be directly back :D

Martin Little

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Karl,

Can you provide some more info on ETD from Coogee & ETA in Scarborough? (For rough planning purposes I'm working on ETD 3:00amAEST 12 March with the 50hr window closing 5:00pmAEST/2:00am AWST 14 March)

Cheers

Skidoo

Premier Member
Karl,

Can you provide some more info on ETD from Coogee & ETA in Scarborough? (For rough planning purposes I'm working on ETD 3:00amAEST 12 March with the 50hr window closing 5:00pmAEST/2:00am AWST 14 March)

Cheers
Depart Coogee 03:30hrs est on the 12/03/16. Correct with the 50hrs window Martin. If your still interested as it gets closer I'm happy to share the plan. There will be plenty of opportunity to get the usual amount of pics enroute :D

Martin Little

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Thanks Karl,

I have a rough plan in place of either flying back and shipping the bike back OR if the boss can be convinced to give me some extra leave ride back the following week.

I will be off the air intermittently for the next 10 days as Im heading to the States on the 23rd Jan for a weeks riding. Back on the 1st Feb and will confirm plans for this 50CC by mid Feb at the latest.

Skidoo

Premier Member
Good luck with the group ride, Karl! Will it be a normal convoy with the slowest in front?
Thanks Peter.

We have several confirmed starters and will be commencing the ride as a group from Coogee.
Everyone has a draft route and plan. This will be refined with riders in the near future.
A ride like this has several technical challenges such as refuelling (differing bikes/ranges), experience of riders and fatigue.
My major concern being if we ride as a group all the time, this may cause a rider to push himself beyond their individual safe limit on that day as they don't want to let the group down. We need to know everyone is safe and I have discussed this with a few riders already about fatigue and exit points and the necessity of communicating their intention.
If all goes well, we will arrive at the end of day one at approximately the same time and depart next morning together as a group. Again if the plan works, arrive at our destination together.
This is not an easy ride, several riders have discussed that this gives them added reassurance that they are not 'totally alone' for the whole trip.