International Travel

J.Young

Triumph Triple Engine mounting brackets expert
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
Has anyone seriously explored the possibility of being able to go over to Europe in the near future ?

No John just about written this year off for that idea, other than the possibility of constant changes to the rules, one of my concerns was travel insurance can you get it?. was going to start looking again in the new year.

Interestingly, I have found on my insurance company website that from today 2 August 2021 you will NOT need a green card to drive in the following countries: The EU (including Ireland), as well as Andorra, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Serbia and Switzerland.

The Euro ETIAS visa waver comes in next year too.

Repat insurance is still an issue. Personally I will not be going until Spring next year at the earliest and will research thoroughly before then for the state of play.

Sadly, just popping over on a whim and back will be a little way off and will need a bit more prep.

Firstpeke

I had a tour to Nordkapp booked last year which of course got cancelled, lost a bit of money on one Color line ferry booking and one hotel in Aalborg who simply will not reply to emails, neither will Booking.com over the matter..... had to give up on those, even though the EU law stated they should refund!!!
So now hoping to go next year but concerned about cost of travel insurance once things start to open up.

Hotel prices have also gone through the roof of course, they say supply and demand, more like profiteering,
The problem really is that folks are having to pay these prices as they have no choice, well they do but......

Just wondering if I can slot in a EE2E once I get to Nordkapp...... route planned.....

now now no complaining we must never come out of lockdown and stay at home and be safe. Err unless your a politician very wealthy or an international sports person then of course you can travel freely without restriction, and if you go to a football match 12000 + can spectate but no more than 30 at a weeding if you're any other type of individual.
oops I'm sliding into sarcasm
i've crossed all my fingers and toes in the hope of next year travel restrictions will be over

J.Young

Triumph Triple Engine mounting brackets expert
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
Well, having studied at length the Caravan Club European travel advice, it would seem that as long as you are prepared to self isolate if you come back home though France, then France, Germany and Switzerland are certainly do-able

The Netherlands appears off-limits but I wonder if you are just crossing the country, then whether it is permissible to enter - obviously with the intention of leaving within a few hours.

michiel kerkhof

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
So still a lot of if´s and but´s......sometime in 2H august we have to decide yeh or neh to RTE 5 in Cuneo.....still afraid it won´t be happening for us all if it is so difficult andrisky for my UK friends to join us there and without them we haven´t got the minimum of 25 attendants to have them keep the restaurant open.....

Martien

Premier Member
The latest news is that neither people returning to the UK from Europe nor visitors to the UK from Europe have to quarantine.
Looks like Cuneo may well be on.
Your governments website says differently; Italy is still on Amber and you do need to quarantine if not fully vaccinated, not sure if you need to test or not: Red, amber and green list rules for entering England - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

Rules differ and change every week, per country within Europe, same as within the UK, so be careful... :rolleyes:

GSears

Dambuster... Bouncing panniers...
Premier Member
IBA Member

wully

Brit Butt Tour Admin. Retired.
now now no complaining we must never come out of lockdown and stay at home and be safe. Err unless your a politician very wealthy or an international sports person then of course you can travel freely without restriction, and if you go to a football match 12000 + can spectate but no more than 30 at a weeding if you're any other type of individual.
oops I'm sliding into sarcasm
i've crossed all my fingers and toes in the hope of next year travel restrictions will be over
Dave i've know you now for over 10 year, sarcasm is something i never associate with you.

But I agree with your sentiment.

But being serious covid is still an issue my wife has had both jabs and she has caught it, currently in hospital not well at all.

michiel kerkhof

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Dave i've know you now for over 10 year, sarcasm is something i never associate with you.

But being serious covid is still an issue my wife has had both jabs and she has caught it, currently in hospital not well at all.
Ouch.....I do hope she recovers quickly and fully my dear friend!!

GSears

Dambuster... Bouncing panniers...
Premier Member
IBA Member

My thoughts are with you Wully