Introduce yourself to other riders.

John Broom

Hi All, never done anything like this in my life. Was wanting a challenge and this looked perfect. Been riding years and only just got a decent biggish bike. Used to ride from Yorkshire to Reading for a weekend many moons ago. Not bothered which way round as both look ok North and South.
North is generally less traffic, but more chance of getting wet. Also a lot nicer scenery, and some cracking bends when you head south from Wick

Evening all,

A couple of us will be travelling up from Corby and camping at Squires the night before.

Doing the North route, clockwise (it'd mess with my OCD to do it the other way around! :D ).

GraemeandSally

RBLR 1000
Premier Member
Evening all,

A couple of us will be travelling up from Corby and camping at Squires the night before.

Doing the North route, clockwise (it'd mess with my OCD to do it the other way around! :D ).
It's free camping just check in with the bar staff when you sign on on the Friday

Hi there me, Graham and the wife Sharon (first time iron butt) will be doing this ride. I have done this a couple of time and am looking forward to doing it again. We will be doing the north clockwise route.

Bob M

IBA Member
Hi everyone,
Thought I`d just introduce myself. Bob Murdoch, just signed up for the North clockwise route. Not done anything quite like this before, done 12 hour rides from the channel tunnel though, so looking forward to it. Looking to camp at Squires as it seems easier, but can you get a beer there when you finish? Might need one.

Cheers,
Bob

FJRPilot

Brit Butt Rallymaster RBLR1000 routemaster
Premier Member
IBA Member
Looking to camp at Squires as it seems easier, but can you get a beer there when you finish? Might need one. Cheers, Bob
Unfortunately not Bob. You could always buy a can and keep it in your tent though. Or alternatively there will hopefully be tea, coffee and bacon sarnies on offer when you finish at whatever time that is during Saturday night or Sunday morning :D

Bimbler

RBLR1000 Publicity
IBA Member
"Yes we will be doing the bacon and sausage butties again plus tea and coffee".

And that is what made last year's event the best one ever for me.
A bacon sarnie at the finish. Heaven.

Bob M

IBA Member
Not sure who should get this but could you take me off the free camping list please. A change of heart so wimping out and going for an hotel room instead. Cheers. Bob

FJRPilot

Brit Butt Rallymaster RBLR1000 routemaster
Premier Member
IBA Member
Not sure who should get this but could you take me off the free camping list please. A change of heart so wimping out and going for an hotel room instead. Cheers. Bob
No worries Bob. I'll amend the list.

I must admit whenever I ride it I use a local Premier Inn on both Friday and Saturday nights. It's always nice to have a comfy and quiet sleep before a big ride like this. :)