Introduction - and an obligatory question about receipts...

Hello all,
Glad to find there is a forum associated with the association.
A buddy and i just completed our first (and probably only!) Saddlesore 1000 this past Saturday.

Currently in the process of gathering and organizing our documentation to submit.
We used Google Maps to create the route, but since Google navigation isn't very good (IMO) I added each gas stop into my address book, then used Waze.

My riding buddy also tracked our route using the Harley-Davidson tracking feature in their app.

1 gas stop failed to provide me with a receipt, as there was no attendant at the time.
Another station only provided the sale amount on the receipt, not the volume of fuel that was sold.
Neither of these issues occurred at the START or END of the run, they were at 2 interim stops along the way.
I didn't realize the receipt wasn't complete on the one receipt until arrived at the next stop.
Which was the stop that had no receipt.
I took photos of the pump and the odometer reading on this one, just no receipt.

Big question now; How do I account for these on the ride log, and is that enough documentation?

Stephen!

Flivver Flyer
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
Submit what you have. Explain any issues. The verification team wants to certify your ride and will do the best they can with the documentation you provide (and will ask for clarification, if necessary). Keep in mind that each ride is separate and the documentation must stand on its own for each of you. I would not suggest trying to submit your buddy's tracking app data for your ride. That track is his, not yours.

WY88

Premier Member
I've had issues on rides before, provide a thorough explaniation when you submit. Success is everyone's goal in this organization, sometimes it takes a little more effort to obtain that, don't give up. The more rides you complete, the easier the documentation requirements, and those pesky out of the ordinary situtaions, become.