Invictus Tour 2022

Winglider

Ex-Wiinglider
IBA Member
Invictus Tour 2 2022 (2).jpg

The summer is almost upon us and having had a word with the ‘Weather Gods’, we are assured that the sun will be shining on June 4th 2022!

So, instead of vegetating in your own back garden watching the grass grow, why not come and have a bash at the ‘Invictus Tour’?

As we type this, your rally team are comfortably ensconced in the ‘Rally Hotel’ carrying out last minute checks and the signs are looking good!

If you haven’t done a ‘Tour’ before then it is merely an excuse to get out and ride your bike in some of the most beautiful parts of the South East along some roads you are unlikely to have encountered before.

Pick a route, take a photo, answer a question and earn points. Very simple – most points wins.

You have a week to choose what you believe is the optimal route so no pressure there!

https://ironbutt.co.uk/w3/invictus.php

Steve.

Tour Bastard.

Winglider

Ex-Wiinglider
IBA Member
If you have entered the Invictus Tour and have a question, please follow the instructions on page 1 of the tour book, and call or leave me a text message directly on the tour phone number, If i do not answer leave a voice message with you name and number and I will get back to you.
Cheers Steve the Tour Master

If you have entered the Invictus Tour and have a question, please follow the instructions on page 1 of the tour book, and call or leave me a text message directly on the tour phone number, If i do not answer leave a voice message with you name and number and I will get back to you.
Cheers Steve the Tour Master
Hi, so im just after a little Insight about how the day works please, from anyone who's done it before. I'm guessing we check in at Tonbridge for 9am. I'm waiting on being sent the rally book so I can plan a route, based on points and how far I want to go? Do we just check back in at Tonbridge by 5pm? How do we record where we have been, is it photos? Thanks for any insights.

owl*

Rally Bonus checker
IBA Member
You will need a smart phone - all bonus location photos have to be send via email to the tour master Steve, and the tour team will assess them and allocate points as you go along, rather than one big log jam when you all get back

You will need a smart phone - all bonus location photos have to be send via email to the tour master Steve, and the tour team will assess them and allocate points as you go along, rather than one big log jam when you all get back
Righto, that makes sense. ta

Winglider

Ex-Wiinglider
IBA Member
Don't forget to let the Hotel know if you are planning to eat there on either Friday or Saturday evening as requested.
I dont think you have to pre-order anything, you could always ask.
But just let them know that you are with the IBA (Iron Butt Association ) so they can arrange tables for us if there is enough of us :)

According to Bob (saphena) I really should know better than to screw up the emails... I don't :eek::eek:

Near last as usual, but who cares. Great day out. Weather could have been kinder but it didnt matter. Really nice Thai restaurant a stones throw from the hotel for good food and with great company (thanks Darren) on the Saturday night. Drinks back at the hotel, again with great company. All was well with the world... :D:D

Sunday, missed the rain all the way back to Shropshire. Seemed to pour down just in front of us. Loads of standing water, but never caught it up.

Back to the grindstone this morning.

IMG_20220604_131433 tiny.jpg

Just here a bike stopped to ask if we were ok , and a farmer asked the same... Must have thought we were weird!

Steve

Winglider

Ex-Wiinglider
IBA Member
It was a very tightly fought Tour with the top 5 reguariy changing position.

Although overnight it rained, the morning of the tour was dry, and the entrants I believe only encountered a few showers.

Thankyou to all who entered I believe most of you had a great day.

I do not know what the date will be for next year as it has not been decided yet. But next year it will be moving slightly, still in the Southeast and will be called the SAS Tour or Rally. That’s all I am going to say now. So, keep your eyes open and watch this forum & the Facebook Groups.

I hope to see you all there,

Cheers Steve, Tour Bastard. (actually you don’t know how lenient I was Ha Ha )

Invictus Tour 2 2022 (2).jpg
1654511589933.png

Winglider

Ex-Wiinglider
IBA Member
Well we have had a bit of a rest, since the Tour went ahead. And now Tom and myself have been out collecting bonus locations for next years tour. Which by the way will have a name change to the SAS Tour 2023.
No actual date yet as we have to tie up with our European friends events.
So keep an eye open for the new Name and picture.

Safe riding, Cheers Steve.

owl*

Rally Bonus checker
IBA Member
Just to let you know that the £550 raised went to the IIH charity this year - here is a link to their thank you. They asked for a photo so I used an old one of our Lincolnshire RTE last year, as the ones taken for the rally didn't have our flag and I didn't have any group ones. When the IIH refer to Henry Higgins, that's me. It's an alias I use on Facebook, a hangover from my last occupation.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=397061715786814&set=a.365770758915910&type=3