Black as the Pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed .. "

Hello my IBA/LD riding family
Yes its been like the above the last few years starting with the epic failure at the 2015 IBR. I thought the "fell clutch of circumstance" had culminated with my fall from a ladder and the subsequent physical and economic trauma that followed. The "bludgeoning of chance", however, hasn't stop, as death and dire diagnosis has some of my close love ones.

I want to once again thank the outpouring of well wishes and in many cases economic support from my IBA family. It was unprecedented in my 73 years on this planet. THANK YOU!

I wish I could say I will be back doing IBA rides and entering rallies, but such is not the case. Whatever recovery I make in getting my mouth above water to breathe, will be spent with my life long beloved wife and family.

I will retire at the end of the year. I won't have much money on a modest fix income, but I will have time. I may then write my reflections on the wonderful people and experiences I have gained since joining the IBA and the LD riding community. My more affluent freinds have traveled out of the country much more than I. None of them, however, have or will ever see some of the sights and places I have been to in the lower 48 states.

At this point I could start up the Frank Sinatra song and my mantra - "I did it my way", but I have a better idea. I thought I would share a little video I made in celebration of my 73 birthday. In the end. I hope it puts a little smile on your face. Enjoy!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BI7nMJOHwysTdCMdEW-r1OVAtfY5J5UI/view?usp=sharing

Jerome # 32785

Last edited:

Amnon Romano

Premier Member
I can't attach it to this note, But I will send it to Lisa and Hammy in hopes that they can find a way to distribute it
Jerome # 32785
Jerome,
You can upload the video to Google Photos (as large as the file may be) at the calm pace of home WiFi, make it a shared video, and drop the link here. No need to actually send the video file itself.

Enjoy long retirement in good health with your family and friends...

Thanks for the tip!
Jerome,
You can upload the video to Google Photos (as large as the file may be) at the calm pace of home WiFi, make it a shared video, and drop the link here. No need to actually send the video file itself.

Enjoy long retirement in good health with your family and friends...