iPhone apps?

OldCrow

Premier Member
Hello, I've just recently jumped from candy bar phone to the bleeding edge of 2016 with an iPhone 7. I used it as a Spotwalla tracking device during my 2021 Summer solstice SS1000 and became pretty impressed with the "hey Siri" and show Waze, play music or podcasts and even record voice memos. Then I thought, "hey wouldn't it be cool to time my fuel stop!" but during the ride I couldn't figure out a way to get the stopwatch function up and running through Siri. Now home with some time I think I found out Apple doesn't' support Shortcuts to launch Stopwatch just the countdown timer.
I could naturally finger fiddle the phone to get it done but doing it through voice command would really be an improvement.
So does anyone know of a stopwatch app that can be Siri started and stopped?
Oh and the SS1000 was done in 16h 57m 54s on my 1981 BMW R100RT. The only scare came after the ride at home when I saw the oil level just a fraction of a mm over the Min level :eek: I think 500mile oil checks are in order here on out.
Hope everyone got out to enjoy the longest day!

kerrizor

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Yeah, it's weird.. Honestly, just go the other direction, and start a timer instead: "Hey siri, set a time for 5 minutes" (or however long)

OldCrow

Premier Member
BINGO!!!! I just tried and found the "Hey Siri Pause Timer" then "hey Siri, Show timer" saves and displays the number to be then recorded to a voice memo for future transcription!
Thanks!