Iron Butters rescuing Iron Butters

saphena

IBAUK Webmaster
Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
Some will recall my endeavours several years ago to replace the conclusion "failed" with the encouragement "working towards" and ever since then I have been working towards becoming a competent adult. I'm still doing that and I'm sure that, one day, I'll achieve that status but in the meantime, with some help from GarminDave, I have begun the above named programme with the first awards. One of the things I'm also still working towards is getting the compere's attention at gatherings like yesterday's RTE so that I can present things properly instead of handing them out like underhand bribes in brown envelopes so I'm posting here instead.

The inaugural members of this group are John Young, Graeme & Sally Dawson, Dave Badcock, Steve Westall, Mike (Ziggy) Turnpenny, Gordon Sears, Michiel Kerkhof & Thomas Bode who all stepped up to the plate to rescue me and/or my bike from one of my three recent "failures" (one per year in fact):- famously losing my keys in Romania while the spares were safely at home in England; superbly imitating a rolling drunk before being hospitalised in Yorkshire with Labyrinthitis; stupidly falling off my bike while staring at kerb stones in Belgium. These individuals have all received a certificate and patch confirming their status

irbs50.png
Don't worry, there will, I'm sure, be plenty of opportunities for others to win them in future!

Perhaps there are other members deserving of similar recognition from other members? As far as I know, I'm clearly the winner of the victim trophy so far but if you know better maybe a [slightly] less targetted patch could be produced to spare the blushes of other members who might have been or might become in need of a rescue, no names, no pack drill:cool:

Winglider

Ex-Wiinglider
IBA Member
I shall display my certificate and wear my patch with pride. It is a pleasure to be part of this small band of brothers. :D:D and sister:):)

GarminDave

Ex-Arkwright
Premier Member
I think any one helping anyone can be nominated for an “I Rescued Bob Stammers” award. You Bob own this accolade and therefore should be the ringmaster.

Just my $0.02 worth.

saphena

IBAUK Webmaster
Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
Ladies & gentlemen, we have a new member of the IRBS club!

Step forward Debi Kirk who rescued Mark Collins on the occasion of his carelessly allowing some thieving b*st*rd to steal his provocatively shiny BMW while innocently visiting The Garden of England.

Debi Kirk

Married to the very Lucky Steve
Oh my goodness. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU
I do have to give credit where credit is due and say my beloved hubby Steve also contributed so I can’t take all the credit (but will keep the patch )

Not all super hero’s wear capes

Thank you again, I feel very honoured

saphena

IBAUK Webmaster
Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
Two new members and two Mentions in Dispatches for previously tested heroes.

The victim on this occasion is one of our very own heroes, step forward John Young who was filtering in an insufficiently cautious manner through Antwerp rush hour traffic on his "classic" Triumph motorcycle, unfortunately equipped with modern, effective, brakes and consequently fell off.

The team executing this particular rescue comprised new members Gerhard Memmen-Krueger and Robert Koeber ably aided and abetted by Steve and Debi Kirk and Dave Badcock.

The more observant among you will have noticed that this was the second case of falling off a bike in Belgium. It's a not a good look for Belgium, a country formerly seen as somewhere to cross in order to get somewhere interesting, and if the trend continues we may have to consider declaring it to be a black spot.

GarminDave

Ex-Arkwright
Premier Member
Does this mean I have an "I Rescued Bob Stammers” award with Bar? I'm not sure which was the harder rescue having a wingless invalid as a pillion or riding a 50-year-old bike with no indicators and no tick over function on the Antwerp Ring Road in Saturday morning traffic (it's no wonder he fell off)?

BTW I should have nominated the latest victim, John Young, as a member of "I Rescued Bob Stammers” for his rescue of me in the Peak District when I carelessly lost three of my rear wheel fastening studs on the M6 rendering my bike unrideable. (BTW Recover Cover the so-called rescue company who didn't have received instructions from the Financial Ombudsman to compensate me for their failure, but that is another story).

Love, light, and kindness,

Dave