Is there a way that we can verify receipt of ride cert application?

Becca

Premier Member
I recently found within the forums here the link to the online application submission (http://www.ironbutt.com/rideapp/). Thanks so much for doing that, I'll definitely use it for my next submission (which will happen as soon as I get witness forms signed). It's great that it gives an automatic confirmation reply!

On May 27th, I snail-mailed in the applications for my and my husband's National Parks Tour attempt. Understood, certainly, that applications can take many months to be processed. No worries there. However, I'd hate to be patiently waiting on it 5 or 6 or more months (I can be patient (some call it forgetful)) before asking about it only to find out it was lost in the mail and never received.

So, I was wondering if there's any way we can verify that a snail-mailed set of applications has been received?

:0)

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
I recently found within the forums here the link to the online application submission (http://www.ironbutt.com/rideapp/). Thanks so much for doing that, I'll definitely use it for my next submission (which will happen as soon as I get witness forms signed). It's great that it gives an automatic confirmation reply!

On May 27th, I snail-mailed in the applications for my and my husband's National Parks Tour attempt. Understood, certainly, that applications can take many months to be processed. No worries there. However, I'd hate to be patiently waiting on it 5 or 6 or more months (I can be patient (some call it forgetful)) before asking about it only to find out it was lost in the mail and never received.

So, I was wondering if there's any way we can verify that a snail-mailed set of applications has been received?

:0)
Because of the very large volume of mail we receive, I'm afraid we can't confirm receipt. But again for future reference, if you want to use snail mail send it with delivery confirmation. BUT, as the rules state:

Please try and avoid Federal Express, UPS or Certified mail - although it may seem faster to use these services, we are at our full-time jobs during the day and sometimes it can take weeks to take time off from work to pick up your "speedy" package. If you are concerned we received your documents and live in the U.S., we recommend "Delivery Confirmation" (a 35 cent product offered by the Post Office that allows you to track a letter or package via an 800 number, e-mail or the internet).

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association