Is there any alternative to a start receipt/docket?

Grey Gentry

Premier Member
There is a town that would not be able to supply a start docket at 6am in the morning. No ATM available.
Witness forms could be signed the previous evening.
Do I have any other options?
Would a photo of a GPS clock/map substitute as a start docket?
And Spotwalla supporting that?

Last edited:

kwthom

=o&o>
Premier Member
IBA Member
For what it's worth, here in the States, nearly all dedicated post offices that have a lobby and a drop-box indoors will be open 24/7.

Additionally, postage can be vended from machines, which will provide a receipt.

Of course, now that I read it for the third time, sounds like this probably *won't* be that condition.

Gatey

Premier Member
IBA Member
Kawthorn mate this is Australia and the type of town Rons thi king of probably has A post code and a pub but not a post office.
Australia does not have a 24/7 postal shop front.
Come now Ron cough up the town name or send tj a pm with that info.
Im suspecting this might be an interesting ride you have planed thus far...and the start docket issue is not an unusual hurdle among the more imaginative of us.
Im interested to see an intelegent option.

Grey Gentry

Premier Member
Gatey, I can do the ride in the reverse order, as I can get a start docket at the finish location., however I will be in Queensland in April, and could attempt this ride on the way home from the Muster. I'd save a few thousand kilometres.

How is the Lake Eyre start docket obtained?

Gatey

Premier Member
IBA Member
Ron i think you need to read up the h to h rrs cdom Karl or crIg or catmN a d lyn.
I elieve a combi atil of v
Uzh town anx spot Re used. Ox has recomenddd a pre organizing witness form with a heads up to ibaaus to help prove a .ix pli t location.
A start should be doable witb spot a d forward notification.

Fatman

Ron,we were going to take a smart phone pic of the GPS coordinates and elevation at the lake and at Charlotte pass also. Receipt and witnesses at Marree fuel station, same at Jindabyne.

Gatey

Premier Member
IBA Member
Jahaha i just re read my last post and it proves beyond dought that fat fingers...small phones and a need of reading glasses has become the norm for me.
So building off that status quo i should go look at a mid sized hatch back.

Nico

Well-known Member. Moderator
Ron,we were going to take a smart phone pic of the GPS coordinates and elevation at the lake and at Charlotte pass also. Receipt and witnesses at Marree fuel station, same at Jindabyne.
And a SPOT link with the start location tagged (or is that spotted?) is good too. Sufficient proof for IBA verification.

Fransvdm

Premier Member
Ron i think you need to read up the h to h rrs cdom Karl or crIg or catmN a d lyn.
I elieve a combi atil of v
Uzh town anx spot Re used. Ox has recomenddd a pre organizing witness form with a heads up to ibaaus to help prove a .ix pli t location.
A start should be doable witb spot a d forward notification.
Have you changed languages??

Grey Gentry

Premier Member
I never got it done. The ride was planned to start at Thallon Qld at first light, then run via Weethalie to overnight in Ouyen, for a dawn run to Patchewollock, Lascelles, Roseworthy, Brim, Sheep Hills, Rupanyup, Coonalpyn and finish at Kimba. It was a big Silo Art Trail, but with the addition of a number of new silo art locations...it needed a replan. It was planned as a (tough) BB2500, due to the need for daylight for the photos.
Thallon has accommodation for the start...but no know way of a start docket, which was the issue.

Marls and I took a leisurely ride back south from Qld, crisscrossing the northern NSW ranges an number of times. And stayed at Urana, spending time with Mel (as we often do) on the way home.