It's Time for a Roundup!

When : Saturday 17th September 2022
Where : Nambucca Heads then onto Urunga
Time : 11am meet at V Wall Tavern, 50 Wellington Drive, Nambucca Heads, NSW - for Lunch
Then 5pm at Oceanview Hotel, Urunga, NSW - for dinner & overnight stay

****(See below for more details)

Registration : Ride Master Registration is required for everyone who is attending please.
Fees : Registration fee - We have taken into consideration that members will have been feeling a bit of a pinch with the rising costs of everything and have agreed that we will not have a set fee for this Muster. We do ask, however, that people attending consider a donation to cover the costs of the insurance for the Muster (around $280), patches (around $160 plus postage and royalty fees around $20 possibly less) and ongoing costs involved in the maintenance of our web page from memory around 200- 300 dollars every couple of years. Please do not feel that you have to do this. It would be appreciated if one of our members that are attending would bring along a tin for people to leave money in (any volunteers? leave you name below:))
Certification : Each rider to apply for their own IBA ride as per IBA rules. Muster patches TBA on the night
Distances to : Adelaide 1850kms, Brisbane 431kms, Darwin 3730kms, Melbourne 1353kms,
Nambucca Heads Perth 4119kms, Sydney 486kms

A step back in time to the early days of Long Distance Riding in Australia. The IBA has been supporting riders since 1999 when a small number of riders started participating in IBA rides (some of them may even be attending this Muster). A regular haunt for “Davo” Jones and his FarRiders from 2007, up until his untimely death in 2009, whilst participating in the Iron Butt Rally in the USA, was at the V Wall Tavern Nambucca Heads and this legacy continued up until 2015. Davo had set up his riding group so as to encourage more riders to participate in the IBA rides.

All attendees to meet at the V Wall Tavern, Nambucca Heads at 11am followed by lunch.

After lunch anyone who is interested, head onto Urunga (20kms North of Nambucca) for the night, where we will all
meet up at the Oceanview Hotel from 5PM for dinner.

Sunday morning all meet up for breakfast at 8am, Location to be advised

Please be aware that all IBA members and family are welcome to attend.
It is not compulsory to do an IBA ride but we do encourage you to do so.

We understand that some members are unable to ride therefore we would welcome you to attend by car.
Accommodation: Oceanview Hotel, 15 Morgo Street, Urunga (02) 6655 3213
14 rooms consisting of double, double/single & twin
Shared bathrooms, Rates $50 single, $90 double
Lock up garage facilities for bikes.

Urunga Waters Tourist Park, 4437 Giinagay Way, Urunga (02) 6655 6242
Cabins start at $90 for 2 people (accommodates 2 people)
$110 for 2 people (accommodates 5 people) ** additional $5 per person
$120 for 2 people (accommodates 6 people) ** additional $5 per person

Westella Motel, 107 Pacific Highway, Urunga (02) 6655 6319

Last edited by a moderator:

Skidoo

Premier Member
If one was to do a SS!600 as part of the Muster, is there any requiremnt to end on the Saturday as per previous outings, or is there some more flexibility wrt fininshing on the Friday? Assuming the expectation is to do the ride finishing at Urunga...
There is no actual sign-in as such as long as the ride is completed on Friday, Saturday or Sunday adhering to the IBA rules etc.

Tele

Premier Member
Registered for the Muster and certainly hope to achieve the IBA distance to get there. (I will need practice before attempting this one :rolleyes:). It has been ages since my last long ride. Plenty of latte rides with mates .... and too many beers at regional pubs :p At least this one is a target to aim for! It will certainly be nice to catch up with everyone!

Skidoo

Premier Member
I will be unable to ride an IBA distance due to shoulder issues but can surely manage 45km to see what the passing of a few years has done to familiar faces... ;)
The V-Wall was the destination for my first FarRide, end point for my SS2000, and everything inbetween... looking forward to seeing the carpark full of bikes again!
Yes, we may need some old photo ID in assisting us to recognise each other :) I need a bigger bore bike to carry the luggage now :eek:

I have fond memories of Nambucca and the number of bikes filling the car park, would be great if we can pull this off again :D