It's Time for a Roundup!

hagar

Premier Member
Unfortunately I am also a withdrawal from this event. Just got a bit too much going on atm.
I also had a room booked at the Oceanview Hotel - just for Saturday night 17th.
Stu from the Hotel will hold these two bookings (Mick & Lynne's, and mine - under Mark Nicoll) in our names and will
accept other riders attending if they wish to take up the bookings.
Mick's room is a double bed. My room is a double and a single - suitable if someone wants to share.

Sorry I'll miss the reunions - but everyone enjoy your rides and have a good Muster
Bugger, was looking forward to catching up as it has been a very long time. Look after your self and stay safe.

Skidoo

Premier Member
Unfortunately LTP and I will have to pull out of the Muster which makes a room available at the Pub in Urunga if you are quick.

Details are Ocean View Hotel 15 Morgo St Urunga, ph 02 6655 3213, ask for Stu (he will hold this room till Wednesday for an IBA rider) ask for Room 5 (Double room) booked for this Friday 16th and Saturday 17th under Lynne Morris and he will sort you out.

Ride safe everyone and have fun.
That’s unfortunate mate. After chatting to you guys a few days ago I was a little concerned how bad you sounded. Look after yourself and hope to catch up soon guys.

Skidoo

Premier Member
Unfortunately I am also a withdrawal from this event. Just got a bit too much going on atm.
I also had a room booked at the Oceanview Hotel - just for Saturday night 17th.
Stu from the Hotel will hold these two bookings (Mick & Lynne's, and mine - under Mark Nicoll) in our names and will
accept other riders attending if they wish to take up the bookings.
Mick's room is a double bed. My room is a double and a single - suitable if someone wants to share.

Sorry I'll miss the reunions - but everyone enjoy your rides and have a good Muster
Likewise mate, hope things come together and we catch up soon.

Another scratching unfortunately…The Lurgi has caught up with me as well.
Have to stay by the tissue box and pills.
Have a good time at the V-Wall..
Cheers Bruce.

Fatman

Another scratching unfortunately…The Lurgi has caught up with me as well.
Have to stay by the tissue box and pills.
Have a good time at the V-Wall..
Cheers Bruce.

Sorry to hear that Bruce, i'll send some of my spare tissues up your way.
Get better soon mate.

Skidoo

Premier Member
Approximately 30 like mind riders attended the; ‘Return to V Wall‘ Nambucca 2022’.

Majestic weather was shared at the tavern. Many riders experienced opportunities in problem solving enroute including: heavy rain, flooded roads, planned routes impassable, fog, punctures, and collapsed batteries however shared many a story over lunch.

That evening approximately 24 riders had a banquette at the Chinese adjacent to the Ocean View Motel where many stayed.

Stories continued late into the evening as did the reminiscing and drinking.

It was a fantastic time shared by all, hopefully the unwell riders that were unable to attend, will be available next year.

An overview of discussions will be tabled a little later when when we recover.

A few photos sharing the meet.

5F412297-5744-4568-BF0B-0523B5A76F78.jpeg 775D52E6-6EF4-4F14-99BE-D20B86D69200.jpeg 35519443-87A4-480E-BC7B-BC35E71FE725.jpeg ED7C76AC-33D0-4473-B208-64055BB6C2F4.jpeg 792E64A3-6326-4A64-8E23-489FF32A21C4.jpeg 70BC4615-551C-40AE-9C40-6B7F7710AAA8.jpeg 8E94601D-45AD-401F-AB24-EE2358733375.jpeg 871491F1-1300-4522-868F-106E756D75E1.jpeg B796AE0A-D0AF-4D98-82A2-31B8E98179C0.jpeg 8E0DA625-939F-4F09-B0F5-16AA99E6A9E7.jpeg

Last edited:

Martin Little

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Thanks to all the organizers, what a great event!

Rebecca and I had a great time, catching up with our fellow riders. All up we did a tad under 1,600kms for the 2 days, which gave us the opportunity to test our setup on the RT.

Arrived back home in Canberra to single digit temps and rain.

Hope to see everyone at Nettallie Hill.

hagar

Premier Member
Thanks to all the organizers, what a great event!

Rebecca and I had a great time, catching up with our fellow riders. All up we did a tad under 1,600kms for the 2 days, which gave us the opportunity to test our setup on the RT.

Arrived back home in Canberra to single digit temps and rain.

Hope to see everyone at Nettallie Hill.
As always, it was a real pleasure to see you both again as it has been a very long time since Cooma, hope to catch up at Nattallie Hill or before.

Ed.

Premier Member
Thanks TJ et al. a bloody top job herding all the cats into some semblance of a single direction. You even got almost everyone to stop talking at the same time while a few words were being said, No easy feat!

Fantastic to see so many faces I haven't seen for several years, worth the price of admission alone!

Looking forward to the next rte/gtr.

Last edited:

Biggles

Premier Member
Yes indeed, a worthy fifth Muster.
We've now done NSW twice. Must be Victoria or SA's turn next year. I like the idea of different towns every time rather than settling on Nambucca as suggested at one stage.
We're overnighting Coffs hoping for a new hoop in the morning to complete the saga. There's material for an SS1600 ride report in there.

Maybe next year it might work for you Grizz.

Otherwise some of us occasionally go through Darwin for a a bit of a ride :p
I did the iron butt on the way to Brisbane 9am left Batchelor nt arrived winton Queensland 845am next morning.
Only one 24hr fuel in mt isa ..the truck stop in the industrial area.
almost rode through an active shooter emergency in the isa mall .
no 24hr fuel in Cloncurry so no docs for there but 24hr fuel in McKinley .
Good coffee at the bakery in winton .

and rode on to Longreach. Next day on to Mitchell next day to Brisbane.

Ride back was wet and cold

Brisbane has half the worlds speed cameras it seems like .

An adventure

HACKLE

As those before me have said. Great turn up from a lot of old friends. After a start docket a couple of minutes prior to midnight Thursday I arrived at Urunga about 7.15 pm. Roughly 1700 kms. for the day. Up early [4 am] Sunday morning, sorry Kimmie for my slow getting ready. Finally rolled away from the hotel couple of minutes prior to 5 am. Down to Sydney [loved the new tunnels both ways], Goulburn, Canberra, Cann River and home at 7.15 pm. [1,350 kms.] in time for Elwyn's "world famous beef vegetable soup.
This morning off to Fawkner Crem. for old mate Graeme Danby's funeral. More tears will probably flow.
Thanks to those that organised Urunga/Nambucca Heads get together.