It's Time for a Roundup!

MIXR

Compliments to TJ and his team for the event and to Skidoo for the patch design. It really captured the atmosphere and significance of the place in the historic context. Well done guys.

Dee and I had a great time catching up with old colleagues and meeting the newer members. It was an absolute pleasure to be there.

We had a tortuous journey home given yesterday's road closure of the highway at Gunnedah. Inland NSW was awash with northern rains flowing south. We tried northern routes and southern routes, but all were shut with flooded roads or damaged bridges. We eventually went back to the Gunnedah highway closure to wait it out and found it had reopened a little earlier than expected. It was a long day, so we pulled the pin at Wellington well after dark and headed home today.

Thanks again IBA Aus. Mick.

Tele

Premier Member
I would also like to ad my thanks to all those hardy souls who were able to make the time to participate in the Muster gathering over the weekend. We were blessed with warm temps and clear skies (at least in that part of NSW). We all understand the required isolation of this Long Distance activity if we are to achieve the personal goals that we set along the way. Despite that, the opportunity to gather together, however briefly is always a special time. It was a meeting of friends. We may not see each other often, but our common shared interest has seen a wonderful camaraderie develop and the time we spend together is very special indeed. Welcome to the "newbies" and thank you to TJ and the Team for the organisation of the weekend. To slip in a well known Jeff Fenech quote: "I Love Youse All" .

tj189

Premier Member
I would also like to ad my thanks to all those hardy souls who were able to make the time to participate in the Muster gathering over the weekend. We were blessed with warm temps and clear skies (at least in that part of NSW). We all understand the required isolation of this Long Distance activity if we are to achieve the personal goals that we set along the way. Despite that, the opportunity to gather together, however briefly is always a special time. It was a meeting of friends. We may not see each other often, but our common shared interest has seen a wonderful camaraderie develop and the time we spend together is very special indeed. Welcome to the "newbies" and thank you to TJ and the Team for the organisation of the weekend. To slip in a well known Jeff Fenech quote: "I Love Youse All" .
.....and we love you too Ian ;)

tj189

Premier Member
Compliments to TJ and his team for the event and to Skidoo for the patch design. It really captured the atmosphere and significance of the place in the historic context. Well done guys.

Dee and I had a great time catching up with old colleagues and meeting the newer members. It was an absolute pleasure to be there.

We had a tortuous journey home given yesterday's road closure of the highway at Gunnedah. Inland NSW was awash with northern rains flowing south. We tried northern routes and southern routes, but all were shut with flooded roads or damaged bridges. We eventually went back to the Gunnedah highway closure to wait it out and found it had reopened a little earlier than expected. It was a long day, so we pulled the pin at Wellington well after dark and headed home today.

Thanks again IBA Aus. Mick.
A pleasure to catch up again Mick and thank you for your support with the "tin":)

Wonderful to meet the newer IBA attendees, Harry and Christoff. And it has been a long time since catching up with many older faces.
Thanks to the organisation for putting this together.
Marls and I struck the Carol roadblock on the Oxley, returned to Tamworth, south to Quirindi, then across to Coonabarabran to pick up the Newell to finish in Dubbo for the night. Home safely today.

tj189

Premier Member
Wonderful to meet the newer IBA attendees, Harry and Christoff. And it has been a long time since catching up with many older faces.
Thanks to the organisation for putting this together.
Marls and I struck the Carol roadblock on the Oxley, returned to Tamworth, south to Quirindi, then across to Coonabarabran to pick up the Newell to finish in Dubbo for the night. Home safely today.
We appreciate you and Marls taking the opportunity to join us again, really enjoyed our little chats. Stay safe.:)

Kimmie

Thanks to TJ & Skidoo for organising a wonderful gathering. I had as great time seeing everyone that like everyone else I haven't seen for way too long. Big thanks to Vlad, Deb & Hackle for your wonderful hospitality and looking after me.

Good dinner at the Chinese and Breakfast at the Cafe next door.

Got home at 4:30pm yesterday afternoon after staying and Mum & Dad's on the Central Coast.
Long days when I haven't ridden in 18 months....only thing still sore is my bum :D.

See youse on the next one

tj189

Premier Member
Thanks to TJ & Skidoo for organising a wonderful gathering. I had as great time seeing everyone that like everyone else I haven't seen for way too long. Big thanks to Vlad, Deb & Hackle for your wonderful hospitality and looking after me.

Good dinner at the Chinese and Breakfast at the Cafe next door.

Got home at 4:30pm yesterday afternoon after staying and Mum & Dad's on the Central Coast.
Long days when I haven't ridden in 18 months....only thing still sore is my bum :D.

See youse on the next one
A big thank you to you Kimmie for your support with dinner at the Chinese Restaurant, very much appreciated.
:)

Philmor

Premier Member
Thanks to TJ, Skidoo & Lynne LTP for organising an enjoyable and relaxing Muster.
Kimmie, you did well herding “us sheep“ at the Chinese Restaurant on Saturday evening. :)
It was good to catch up with all the familiar faces and some I had not previously met.

My IBA ride up to Nambucca was eventful with thick fog, sleepiness, went past the turn off from Newell Hwy to Kidman Way by 22 kms which required another 22 kms back to the correct road, those extra 44 kms meant I staggered into Coleambally BP slower than a snail, with just fumes in the tank (30 kms short of my planned Darlington Point stop), GPS‘s lost power, shortly are the bike’s battery failed - new battery installed at Wagga, rear tyre puncture also at Wagga,
I finally got to Nambucca BP at 11:14 pm with the ride time clock showing 23 hrs 56 mins. What a newbie!!

The ride home over 2 days via Armidale, Tamworth, Parkes & Jerilderie was more relaxed.

Looking forward to the 2023 Muster. Is Naracoorte a chance?

Last edited:

Hop

Thank you team, we enjoyed a great weekend and followed it up with another couple of days of very enjoyable riding. Attempted the Stix river road to find it closed in the middle for flood repairs so turned around to return for lunch at the Fusspot cafe in Ebor. Next day rode from Dorrigo to Coramba very pleasant track then back to Killarney for the night via Paddy’s flat. All the way reflecting on the enjoyable weekend and how much we missed the catch-ups during COVID. We don’t mind where the next muster is. While we still have work we may not always be able to make it but we will if we can. Thanks TJ, Skidoo and Kimmie for your hospitality and make it happen and thanks Lynn the Pillion we missed you.