JAX Party Special: 2013 R1200RT with Equipment

cberry

Premier Member
The time has come....My Iron Butt is now a Rusty Butt, my wife sez I'm "Too Old", and I don't want to hear her say "I told you so"!

The bike was advertised some years ago, but was mis-pictured by a "Peter Principled" old man with bad computer skills. I'm that old man, and I have gotten older and even less skilled. I'll be at JAX 2022 and be representing the bike "FOR SALE" without the bike ( remember, I'm too old.)

The bike is 'like new', never dropped, always garaged unless on a long ride, and has all factory options (I think). It now has 26,359 miles on it, and is being ridden on short local rides, no more long, solo rides. I keep the gas tank full with ethanol free 93 Octane fuel and STABILL. It is equipped with significant after-market accessories including all-over EXPEL film paint protection, Clearwater and Darla aux. lighting, Skene rear/brake lights, reflective 3-M film on the rear of the panniers, full tip-over protection with 2 sets of bars, one set for the engine and the other for the panniers....Highway Pegs on the engine bars."BigFoot Side Stand helper, Garmin 665 mounted above the panel, OEM radio/Sirius, ( I use BOSE active noise cancelling ear plugs), BMW Tank Bag and 49 Liter luggage Top Case, Black, includes SPOT satellite personal tracker and mount.

Miscellaneous equipment: Two sets of Motoport Kevlar riding suits, one cold WX w/o ventilation fabric pants and with double thick padding both in the jacket and the pants, the other with 'screen' Kevlar pants and 'normal' thickness padding. Extra pockets and reflectivity on both jackets and the pants; Warm 'n Safe heated jacket which couples to a Motoport zip in/out Goretex rain jacket (and pants' liner) and heated gloves (and grips and seats); Schuberth C3 helmet; some LD Comfort underwear....and, other stuff It all fits me from my 175 lbs to my 205 lbs and about a 29" inseam and 5-9 to 5-11 height

Bring your enclosed trailer with lots of room for the 'stuff'.

Why'd I sell my 2015 R1250GSA to get a 2013 R1200RT? My last "Adventure Ride" was to ride the GSA from Key West to Deadhorse, solo, after which I wanted to go back to the quieter, more fuel efficient 1200RT as a retirement vehicle. My wife and I are 'aging' at about the same rate, and it takes both of us to have a 'full seabag' any more, and we need to be there for each other. With 200,000++ (nearly) accident free M/C miles ridden, it's time to quit while both of us are still (nearly) all together. It's been a great ride! Thanks to the whole gang, especially Mike, Howard, and Dave. Inspirational !!!

I'll either add to this post, or start a new one with some pictures. But pictures will require lots of luck for this old Rusty Butt. I look forward to meeting you at JAX 2022 and helping you load your new 2013 bike on your trailer down in Melbourne, FL on Saturday after the Party.

Russ Black

Premier Member
My wife and I are 'aging' at about the same rate, and it takes both of us to have a 'full seabag' any more, and we need to be there for each other.
Looks to me that you have a good woman, and her a good man. Lots of love.

And... I'll double Marc11's "Free" offer. That way you can share with your wife and she'll have her own "Free" to spend. ;)

cberry

Premier Member
I look forward to meeting both of you at the Party. I'll be there Wednesday PM thru Saturday breakfast. We can talk about the bike or share about our experience as members of the IBA. Howard will know how to reach me.

cberry

Premier Member
In answer to a query: There are 2 C3 helmets, size 57/M/71/8th, both of the same vintage, both with cosmetic damage, one has no electronics, the other has a Cardo IC/com (I prefer the Bose active noise cancelling system); The LD Comfort underwear are 2 size XL short thigh length and 1 XL long pants and 2 "Large" zip-up collar long sleeve shirts. Since I have not received any acceptable offers to buy the bike, I'll NOT be selling any clothing before the bike sells. I'm still working on adding some pictures of the bike and the motoport gear.

jaybee

Latvian rider transport!!!!!!
Premier Member
Hi there, greetings from the UK.
Some buddies and I are planning to spend at least a month a year touring the lower 48 with the 1st trip starting this coming September.
I am lucky enough to have a bike - Jeff Arensault’s old FJR - but we have to locate at least two more. Money pit is not bottomless but would be interested in a price on the RT If you don’t mind.
I know everything is negotiable but here in the UK, my finger is not exactly on the beating pulse of US prices.
thanks in advance. Jonathan Baker.