Jax party

Anyone going to Jax that has a room they're willing to share. I'm booked nearby but would like to stay at the host hotel.

If that doesn't work out I've got a room at the Comfort Inn north of the host hotel that I'd be willing to share.

Ride Smart, Ride Safe!

Chris

Lisa

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
Chris, the host hotel will arrange a room for you across the street for the same low price. It includes a breakfast ticket for the host hotel so we can all be together. It's super convenient and works out great.

ssncob

Premier Member
Chris, I've got a room available to share, Tuesday night (as there is a ride to eat at Daytona on Wednesday), Wed, Thurs, Fri and Saturday. Although I may be checking out on Saturday and not staying till Sunday. Jerry Wells email [email protected] .

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
RTE in Daytona? Where do I find info about it?
There's a similar thread to this one in the Q&A section of the Forum (everyone following this thread may want to switch their attention to that thread), where I mention that Mike will have details in a few days.

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association

JimBurriss

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
I just left the dinner in Jacksonville. Once again the IBA staff have done a fantastic job of planning and execution for this event.

The comedy club presentations of certificates was well done and, as usual, interesting and fun. Howard presented the ride in certs and the Plane Crazy rides as well. Lots of folks getting a lot of certificates and no noticeable miscues. Outstanding. Not to mention, FREE BEER. Thanks! There is a lot more work going on to get this done than most of us realize. Thanks again.

The dinner portion was well done with a few special certificates presented there. It is really amazing how much some of our compatriots really ride. WHEW!!

I doubt there is a better deal for the $$ anywhere on the planet. I am glad to be a part of this great group of folks. Thanks again to the entire IBA staff for a great production.

As Mike said, this is the official kick off of the riding season for most folks. Have a great riding season and be careful out there!!

It was good to put faces with names, and pick up tips from the more seasoned riders. It was worth the ride down from Spokane. It was a good event and I thank everyone who did the heavy lifting to make it happen. It was my first time using the rally flag on a ride (a bit amusing).
And as a bonus for my going, last night I was able to complete a 50cc east to west on my return trip. (I am watching the forecast before deciding how to ride the 1450 miles from SDO to home.)
--Chelsea

San Diego to Spokane...... not far from a B2B there. Just saying.....
Hello Jim,
I usually do the Los Algodones to Coutts run on 15 - never tried I5 route. But, MT weather and Cascade weather doesn't play well this time. Plus, I am a bit worn out. So this will be an easier BB ride in two days.
--Chelsea

JimBurris post: 3332 said:
Enjoy the ride and safe travels.
I am glad that I didn't try a more ambitious ride this time. I hit snow between Utah and Idaho for a hundred miles or so. Nasty business for me as a novice, but a seasoned ironbutt guy wouldn't have had had a second thought... Anyway, I feel good about the 50cc east-west (I failed the second half of a 100ccc last year, this redeems my failure on the return), and also good about the bb1500 on the way home.
Normally ld riding season doesn't start for at least two months in the PNW, so the JAX Party was a great way to enjoy the southern riding weather.
--Chelsea