JOGLE GOLD

Screenshot_2016-05-05-17-54-06-1.png

Four of us are doing JOGLE, via Ben Nevis, Scafell pike and Snowdonia. The knife and fork symbol is a check point for a receipt. We are turning off the M6 at Penrith, getting a receipt mars bar, and filling up with petrol when we return back there to join the motorway. Filling up at Warrington motorway services were we turn off towards Conway, filling up for receipt before heading towards Snowdonia, then down towards Chepstow via Shrewsbury, fuel again at Aust services M4.
Do we have to use Exeter services has a marking/receipt point before heading down to Lands end or will a stop at a petrol on the A30 near Oakhampton be ok

Ziggy

Just Another Rider
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Just checked my E2E Gold route and it was Penzance to Gordano Services and passed muster ....

Put in your route into basecamp Rick ... Nice one & love the Scottish route up, but cuts it fine to the mileage... I would submit the route to Phil & Mike to have it pre-checked for the Gold Status ..

All the best on your challenge ..

Just checked my E2E Gold route and it was Penzance to Gordano Services and passed muster ....

Put in your route into basecamp Rick ... Nice one & love the Scottish route up, but cuts it fine to the mileage... I would submit the route to Phil & Mike to have it pre-checked for the Gold Status ..

All the best on your challenge ..
The route is from JOGs downwards. Milage is 1030

orestesdjc

Premier Member
It should not make much difference. In Basecamp the shortest route from Aust to Lands End takes you past Exeter and Oakhampton and is only a couple of miles shorter than the fastest. I've not checked the rest of the route or in any other route planner, so if, as Ziggy suggests, it's a bit close send a email to the verifiers.

Ziggy

Just Another Rider
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
The route is from JOGs downwards. Milage is 1030
Yep ... If that's what your happy with.. It's just a suggestion to avoid disappointment. Plus I can't see from your map if your going via Thurso which would put the extra miles on.

Time I took a back seat again ...

Ziggy

Just Another Rider
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
No Ziggy. They might only get the end to end certificate
Well done for getting some fellow riders to take up the challenge and good introduction to LD riding,
It will be a long 24hrs for them if their not use to night riding and could be a difficult route to do in Wales, Fueling will be a test for the turnaround time but all part of the challenge.

What date are the plans set for ?

Sneezy

IBAUK Bouncer
IBA Member
If the mileage is over 1000 miles, they could count it as an ss1000 and an e2e, tho i know some people object to combining rides.
Hope you all have a good time.

Well done for getting some fellow riders to take up the challenge and good introduction to LD riding,
It will be a long 24hrs for them if their not use to night riding and could be a difficult route to do in Wales, Fueling will be a test for the turnaround time but all part of the challenge.

All advanced riders all use to biggish milage accept one

Get worse. The bank holiday Sunday at end of May

Excellent challenge with the route, bank holiday weekend nice weather will bring out the traffic, Caravans in the Highlands and Wales and to finish, a Cornish delight awaits.
We should hit Wales Snowdonia around 00.30 hours, and hopefully finish around 08.30 ish. We have a back up plan aswell if things are looking to tight

Yet another question. Riding down from Ben Nevis to Scaffel pike in the lake district, we are turning off the M6 at Penrith and rejoining it again at the same place after getting receipt at Scaffel. We will refuel just before joining M6 at Penrith , do we need to get a receipt when leaving M6 on way down to Scaffel

Megabuck

IBAUK Verifier
IBA Member
Interesting! My first reaction was that this wouldn't be a JOGLE Gold, as I thought the requirements for that included a receipt from Clackett Lane services. It made me go and re-read the description; Clackett Lane is given as an example, but the description is that it must start and finish at the two extremes, and then include enough points in the middle to guarantee the 1,000 mile minimum.

I concur with Ziggy; provide your planned receipt points to Mike and get him to confirm they will amount to 1,000+. It would be gutting to do that ride, and then just get an E2E.

Regards,
Martin

I emailed Phil, who is on holiday.
His reply which makes perfect sense is it doesn't matter what route we ride in between points, it will be verified by the shortest route between points